Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/1/2012 12:05:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2012 12:57:41 PM EDT by JC77]
Till today i have only loaded new brass. I received a buch 1x fired federal 55gr american eagle brass. The kind that comes in the boxes of 1k. I tumbled the brass, lubed, resized and removed primers, tumbled again and seated primers in about 100 of them.

Now the problem. When I went to seat the new bullets they would encounter a little friction then just fall into the mouth of the case. Did I not re-sze them correctly? Do you have to crimp these? Which I have never done. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:14:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:25:40 PM EDT
What dies are you using?

What bullets are you loading?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:26:28 PM EDT
Thanks, I just watched some more videos online and I don't think I ran the cases far enough up when re-sizing. About to go check.

If that is the issue is there a way to get the primers out of the cases I did not size correctly so I can re-size them properly?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:42:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JC77:
Thanks, I just watched some more videos online and I don't think I ran the cases far enough up when re-sizing. About to go check.

If that is the issue is there a way to get the primers out of the cases I did not size correctly so I can re-size them properly?

This was it. Now what do I do with brass that is not sized right but has primers seated???? I am guessing I may have to toss them as a cost of learning.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:43:57 PM EDT
you either didn't size the cases fully or your expander ball is too large in diameter, it should be about .222-.2225" in diameter, measure it with you calipers.

If you resize the primed cases you can either a) gingerly resize the brass and pop out the live primers and then reuse them or b) use an universal decapping die to decap the live primers and then resize the cases properly assuming your expander ball is in whack or c) resize the cases without the decapping pin in your sizing die so you won't be popping out the live primers
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:15:49 PM EDT
Top Top