Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2008 9:54:00 PM EDT
I just mailed my renewal form and there were two new blanks to record the number of firearms acquired and sold or disposed of during the current license period.
So the local CLEO and the ATF will have a total number of arms you bought with your license during the past 3 years.  [://  Not that I have anything to hide!
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#1]
IT'S BEEN ON THE RENEWAL FORM FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS, I'VE ANSWERED IT SEVERAL TIMES..........

I'VE 'HEARD' THAT IT IS MERELY A METHOD BY WHICH THE BATBOYS CAN WEED OUT THE POOR SCHMUCKS THAT BUY 100 GUNS AND SELL 99 OF THEM, THUS USING THE LICENSE TO DEAL IN FIREARMS...........

OF COURSE, I COULD BE WRONG................

IT ALWAYS MADE ME SMILE, I'D HAVE SEVERAL HUNDRED 'PURCHASED' AND NARY A GUN IN THE 'SOLD' COLUMN.......

I'M PROBABLY ON A 'SPECIAL' LIST...........
--CARLOS
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a note on the renewal form stating that 03 FFL don't need to turn in record if you don't plan to renew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top