Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2002 9:41:37 PM EDT
I finally got around to calling Walter Birdsong the other day, and he gave me the scoop on some new additions to his product line. Mind you, they won't be available until mid-late summer, but if they are of the same high quality as his Black-T and Green-T, the wait will be worth it.

-Ceramic-T: this coating will look like, and have the same lubricity and corrosion resistance as regular Black-T, but with the added durability and surface hardness of ceramics. Ceramic-T will actually have a hardness that is measurable on the Rockwell scale!
This all translates into extreme resistance to wear and abrasion. When introduced, this coating will set a new standard for firearms finishes.

-Royal Blue-T:  Essentially Black-T in a deep rich blue color that would look at home on a $10,000 European O/U shotgun.

-Teflon impregnated parkerizing: great for those who prefer the look of parkerizing on steel parts, but with the added lubricity of Teflon.

Mr. Birdsong also told me to keep an eye out for a website in the near future, but until then, he can be contacted at...

Walter Birdsong & Associates
                 1435 Monterey Rd.
                  Florence, M.S  39073-9748
                  Tel.# (601) 939-7448
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I like the idea of Teflon impregnated parkerizing, for my steel parts!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't bother him on speed, but have more than one AR.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't be in a hurry for him to get to your work. I sent him a barrel over 3 mos ago, he said he would have it back in 2 weeks. It was completely stripped, no gunsmithing required. Each time I call, he swears...It is going out Next Week!

Bird has been backed up with work for as long as I've known him. Pretty much opperates on a first-in first-out basis. I've never known him to BS anyone that he would even think of screwing over the rest who have been waiting to rush someone else's stuff through unless their was a national emergency or some other extraordinary reason to jump the que.

Anyway it is worth the wait, simple as that.

regards,

Clipper
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#6]
^
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
UPDATE... I spoke to Walter earlier today, and unfortunately his Ceramic-T has not been perfected yet. In fact, the whole project is pretty much back at square one in the development process.  

Birdsong has not given up hope, however. He is awaiting a shipment of Japanese manufactured microscopic ceramic spheres that will hopefully be the answer to his current problems.

Both Royal Blue-T & Teflon impregnated parkerizing are perfected, and ready to go.  The only problem is that there is currently no overwhelming demand for either of these two finishes, and it will cost $30K each to buy the necessary equipment (tanks, filters, etc...) to get the finishes into production.    

Springfield Armory has voiced some interest in offering the Teflon impregnated parkerizing as a finish option for their 1911 frame .45s', but nothing is set in stone at this time. If they contract for it, Walter will make the necessary investment, and Teflon impregnated parkerizing will be an available finish for all of Walter Birdsong's customers.    
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I almost forgot... Walter said that at the moment, his shop is in-between large Govt. contracts, so the turn around time on refinishing work is only 3 weeks!

This is lightning fast for him, so get while the gettings good.

I know I am!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top