Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:43:52 PM EDT
As some of you know I'm buying one of these "clones" as a beater to save/preserve my winchester M14 from wear, and I was told that the new norincos have had the headspace/improper bolt cam surfaces rectified. I have done searches and can't find any confirmation. Marstar gives a full 1 year warranty and I'm hoping this indicates that they are better than the earlier ones and that I don't have to worry about growing headspace issued after the first few range trips. Can anyone confirm or deny that they have solved the bolt issues? I'd rather not have fulton rebuild it if I can help it, I just want a cheap trunk rifle that resembles/functions like my winchester.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#1]
A lot of the Bolt issue is pure internet bullshit!! It was  started by a certian person who's company sells semi auto M14's

How are you planning on getting the MARSTAR/Polytech into the US from Canada?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:58:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

How are you planning on getting the MARSTAR/Polytech into the US from Canada?

yea, let us know how that works out for you.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:34:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Like I said before, dual citizenship, if I buy it in canada, it stays there at the family farm. My other stuff is at gramps' place in Me. until I retire and take over that family farm.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The Norinco M305/M14 owners at www.canadiangunnutz.com have some first hand experience with the new Marstar imports.  See the Main Battle Rifles forum.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Like I said before, dual citizenship, if I buy it in canada, it stays there at the family farm. My other stuff is at gramps' place in Me. until I retire and take over that family farm.

That's kinda nice - in the US we are one of FEW countries in the world that doesn't hold to the "dual citizenship" idea (as far as the US is concerned, you are just a US citizen).  You get to play with some toys up there in Canada that we don't get down here, like the Czech VZ58 rifles that are CHEAP up there.  Then you get to come to the USA and own handguns.  The best of both worlds I guess!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's kinda nice - in the US we are one of FEW countries in the world that doesn't hold to the "dual citizenship" idea (as far as the US is concerned, you are just a US citizen).  You get to play with some toys up there in Canada that we don't get down here, like the Czech VZ58 rifles that are CHEAP up there.  Then you get to come to the USA and own handguns.  The best of both worlds I guess!

yea but the transition drills are a royal biyatch!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top