Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2008 8:54:50 PM EDT
Hey, 1st off I know I fail for lack of pics, I’ll get them up as soon as I get my digi back. But I just got my self a Nice K31 at the gun shop by my house, actually me and my friend both got for 110$ a pop. So I have a few questions like, how do I determine the year of manufacture?  Where’s a good place to translate the note in the butt plate?  And where’s a good place to get a sling and some striper clips for her? Sorry bout the grammar, been up for 48 hours….
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Manufacture dates here[/URL]

Tag info can be asked for in the first sticky on [URL=http://parallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums.yuku.com/forums/73]this
forum.

I have not checked lately on slings and clips. I got most of my clips back when Dansammo used to put 10 of them in with a case of GP11.

Link Posted: 11/1/2008 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get the stripper clips and sling on eBay or gunbroker
Link Posted: 11/2/2008 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#3]

It looks like you got a very good as the market price is between $200-300.

Do you mind giving the name of the shop where you bought it?

Also, be sure check out www.swissrifles.com .

There is a fair amount surplus Swiss ammo out there being sold by Midway and Graf and Sons. Search for GP11....and PArvi makes a 7.5x55 Swiss ammo that is more easily reloadable than the Berdan primered GP11.

Happy shooting!
Link Posted: 11/2/2008 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I got them at Whittaker guns in west Louisville KY. They were the only two he had in stock, and they were trade ins.   I'll be on ebay here shortly looking for a sling and bayonet. thank you for the links JohnRippert.  My rifle was made in 1947.
Link Posted: 11/2/2008 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got them at Whittaker guns in west Louisville KY. They were the only two he had in stock, and they were trade ins.   I'll be on ebay here shortly looking for a sling and bayonet. thank you for the links JohnRippert.  My rifle was made in 1947.

I have a spare sling, bayonet, scabbard and frog.  Shoot me an email.

Same as what is in this pic

Link Posted: 11/2/2008 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Sling and muzzle cap is $14 at Aimsurplus, they may have strippers too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#7]
to the OP.... that's one heck of a deal.... congrats......
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have a pic of the rifle with the muzzel cap on? I need to know if mine is on correctly, looks kinda funny.  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a muzzle cap.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top