Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 5:38:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/5/2003 5:44:18 PM EST by Confederate]
Beretta has released the new CX4 Carbine to the Italian and European press. The firearm, boasting a futuristic and captivating look, was designed for defense purposes for both government and civilian parties. The major characteristics of this new product are multiple; one that immediately catches the eye is the use of extremely resistant yet light polymeric materials which is reflected in the light weight of just 2570 grams. In addition, it has greater autonomy in shooting in comparison to defense shotguns and reduced recoil and kick.
The firearm is available in diverse calibers: 9x19, 9x21,.40, 45 ACP and uses the same magazines as the 92 and 8000 Cougar model. The functions are completely reversible including the extraction of the spent cartridges.
The safety mechanisms are also varied: manual safety, prevention of accidental release of the hammer device and an automatic safety acting on the firing pin.
Disassembly is extremely simple for routine maintenance. Also available is a vast range of optional accessories not to mention the mounting of various weaver slide tracks for the installation of scopes, illuminators and laser pointers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:48:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/5/2003 5:50:30 PM EST by Confederate]
www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20CX4_Storm/CX4_storm1.htmSorry if you guys have already seen this but I have not had a chance to send in my money yet so I cant do a search, just thought it looked pretty good, wanted to share.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:49:45 PM EST
DADDY WANTS ONE!

Is it coming here?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:03:42 PM EST
Sorry, but I don't get it. Why would I want one of these over say an MP5 or one of those 11" AR's? It uses the same mags as the Beretta pistol. I would much rather prefer a 30 round mag capacity.

Am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:11:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Polyak:
Sorry, but I don't get it. Why would I want one of these over say an MP5 or one of those 11" AR's? It uses the same mags as the Beretta pistol. I would much rather prefer a 30 round mag capacity.

The price is around $600, sorry I forgot to add that.www.marksmansmart.com/subproducts.asp?catID=22&subCatID=447
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:19:08 PM EST
Wippy-do another bullpup

Don't get me wrong, it's good looking gun but damn do we need another one?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:26:04 PM EST
I want one, are there any for sale in the good ole USA?

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:32:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By Confederate:

The price is around $600, sorry I forgot to add that.www.marksmansmart.com/subproducts.asp?catID=22&subCatID=447

Sorry, I meant if I was a LEO or something like that, why would my department want one of these when we can get basically whatever we want (afterall, that's basically who these type of weapons are made for aren't they)? Plus, don't the MP5's and M4's cost less than a grand to military and LE agencies anyway? If so, the cost isn't that much better. Don't get me wrong, sure, she looks pretty. But it just doesn't seem very practical. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:48:05 PM EST
Looks like a cross between an HK SL8 and Hi-point Carbine.

What will it do that an M1 Carbine or 16" AR wont do as well, or better?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:35:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By C_Brooks:
Wippy-do another bullpup

No, its not a bullpup but it sure is ugly. Wont be accuiring one, ever.

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:50:51 AM EST
I'd buy this before that new kel-tec thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:18:06 AM EST

Yup, you sure are.

http://www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/applications/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=163446

I'm not sure what retail price is, but dealer price is less than $25 shipped.

I have one as a "joke mag" for local handgun competitions. When people start pulling out their $80 16-round .45acp mags, I reach in and pull out my 30-round Beretta mag. Always good for a laugh.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:00:42 PM EST
I'd like it better with a real pistol grip.

It it was as low priced as people have posted, I'd consider it. It reminds me of a Ruger PC9 in more calibers and with more "stuff".
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:04:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By C_Brooks:
Wippy-do another bullpup

that's no bullpup!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 3:29:36 PM EST
I don't see how this would be importable currently, so I don't think us normal folks will get to play with one here - unless, of course, they also manufacture it in the US. I believe they do some of their manufacturing for the military contract M9 here, but all the civilian stuff is imported...

Rocko
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 4:23:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By rocko:
I don't see how this would be importable currently, so I don't think us normal folks will get to play with one here - unless, of course, they also manufacture it in the US. I believe they do some of their manufacturing for the military contract M9 here, but all the civilian stuff is imported...

Rocko

I'm sorry, I don't follow you. If HK can import the USC and still be in compliance with 922(r) than what prevents this gun from also being imported?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:12:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By -Duke-Nukem-:

Yup, you sure are.

http://www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/applications/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=163446

I'm not sure what retail price is, but dealer price is less than $25 shipped.

www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/applications/mediasvr.dll/image?saleitemid=163446

I have one as a "joke mag" for local handgun competitions. When people start pulling out their $80 16-round .45acp mags, I reach in and pull out my 30-round Beretta mag. Always good for a laugh.

Well, that mag you listed is an aftermarket mag. Are those Triple K mags dependable enough to put your life on them? I just know how most aftermarket pistol mags are junk, or "for the range only". I admit, I know nothing about the aftermarket mags for the Berettas and how dependable they are. I personally do not keep aftermarket mags with my self defense weapon. But I'm sure there are some good ones out there.

Still, I'd rather have many other fine weapons that the departments already have over this one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:39:46 PM EST
I'll take one if/when it gets here!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:17:41 PM EST
Well, that mag you listed is an aftermarket mag. Are those Triple K mags dependable enough to put your life on them? I just know how most aftermarket pistol mags are junk, or "for the range only". I admit, I know nothing about the aftermarket mags for the Berettas and how dependable they are. I personally do not keep aftermarket mags with my self defense weapon. But I'm sure there are some good ones out there.

Yeah, you got me there. I've had fine luck with my triple-K (unfortunate name!!) in the 92FS. I actually have a factory Beretta mag that needed to have a feed lip polished with a dremel to work reliably, but in general the Berettas aren't as finicky with mags as, say, a 1911.

That being said, for a "trust my life" gun, either a pump shotgun, a revolver, or an AK. I wouldn't even trust my AR15.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:29:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/6/2003 7:32:13 PM EST by Spade]
I don't know who this is, but a quick google search seems to indicate this guy is selling them in 9mm, .40SW, and .45 Auto.

www.marksmansmart.com/subproducts.asp?catID=22&subCatID=447

IF I ever got one, I'd prefer it in .45 Auto. But I don't know what kind of .45 mags they take. I'd kinda like a .45 Auto pistol caliber carbine that takes 30 rounders or so, and the USC doesn't work for me with the 10 round, and cost.

Also, the Beretta website appears to say jack shit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:22:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 5:26:51 AM EST by rocko]

Originally Posted By -Duke-Nukem-:
I'm sorry, I don't follow you. If HK can import the USC and still be in compliance with 922(r) than what prevents this gun from also being imported?

The USC takes proprietary mags limited to 10 rounds. It does not accept the UMP mags. This gun accepts Beretta 92 mags, of which there are mags available with a greater than 10 round capacity. Unfortunately, this is all the difference in the world to the ATF when it comes to "sporting purposes". You know of any other gun with a thumbhole stock they currently let in that accepts "hicap" mags?

Unless they make one that only takes special 10 round mags, I don't think we'll see it here. And unfortunately, the design, with the mag well in the pistol grip, will likely not lend itself to conversions once the gun is here, unlike the USC with the grease gun mag conversion.

Rocko
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:58:50 AM EST
Do you suppose they could end up assembling some here for the US market? I know Beretta has a plant here for the M9s.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:30:56 AM EST
Rocko- gotcha. So if they import them at all, they'll have to make a version that takes proprietary mags, and their sales will be dismal.

Make em here in the USA and avoid 922(v). Rumor has it that HK Virginia may start making firearms here in the US for that very reason, and also to try to sell more firearms to the US military (since we won't buy anything not made in America, no matter how good it is).

Thanks for clarifying for me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:46:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By Armed_Scientist:
Do you suppose they could end up assembling some here for the US market? I know Beretta has a plant here for the M9s.

www.marksmansmart.com/prodDescription.asp?catID=22&subCatID=447&prodID=60246

?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:14:14 PM EST
I want one. Anyone know why that marksman site has them listed for sale?

Dude I want one bad!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:51:06 PM EST
Looks nice but, they (Beretta) are chasing the tail again... Everyones moving to bigger or newer calibers (ie. 223/5.56mm, 5.7mm, 4.8mm, etc.

Top Top