Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 7:56:49 AM EDT
New AR style rifle for our troops in Afganistan kool. Now when can I order mine. hehehe

www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2100/2138.htm

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#1]
That thing is the shit!!!

Balming
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Last I heard there 'might' be 100 of these rifles made for the civilian market.  Pricing was somewhere north of $4000.

Strictly under rumors and gossip I've heard the testing with the military does not go well.

Edited to add:  I believe this rifle was in planning well before our entry into the Afghan.
Military was also trying for a 7.62X39 upper on an AR lower..............no go.  Finally lengthened the receiver 1/2"* to make the rifle work correctly.

I believe the SR-47 has been given a military designator but of course I don't know what that is.
-----------------------------------------------

I would love to see an AR-10-47 in 7.62X39, using AK mags and retailing at roughly $2200 - $2500.

* From memory.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#3]
It is purdy but not worth more than $1500 in my book, aftera ll, it would be post ban.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If the price was lowered to what the AR-15's were going for, the company would be backordered for months. AR rifle that uses AK mags, eliminates problem with mag feeds on the 7.62x39 uppper with AR lowers.  Cheaper ammo= sales$$$$
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Just give 'em AK's.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
hmmm i would think those crafty devils at Cavalry Arms could cook up an AR lower to accept AK mags. they'd sell like hot cakes!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Haha
the Sr-47 thread pops up at least once a month...

for those that dont know..they were at the SHOT show 2002...

and Knights did initially say they were gonna produce some for the civillian market.

However, a few monthes ago they DID retract that statement,

I'm sure its pending the success of the gun in the military.

If the government decides to place an order for them, i'm sure that Knights will eventually make a version for civvies...
However, as some noted, its probably not gonna be cheap.

Cool factor? Very high..
But hell, for 4000...

Id rather buy a lightning link..
and maybe still have money left over to buy an SAR-1 and a mak90.

It would just be weird knocking ak mags out of an AR-style weapon...

But if i do ever get one...
Thank god for all the 75 round and 100 round drums i bought..
Heh.
That oughta be very fun..

Or how about a bakelite mag on an Ar weapon?
Yuck, that would look very ugly.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a buddy I call Flipper tell me about this about a year ago I thought he was full of it.
Some peaple get all the cool toys.
I'm still not sure if this is for real.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:15:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just give 'em AK's.

The effort here was to give our troops a more accurate AK - FF barrel, etc., yet use existing AK mags and ammunition.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top