Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:52:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/13/2020 12:29:16 AM EDT by nate002]
Re-posting my post from earlier, with edits:

1. Ultra Light L3 Filmless WP High FOM BNVDs from JRH Enterprises.
2. Ordered on May 14, 2020 - was told 4-6 week lead time at the time. Robert told me on June 8 about filling some big government orders right now so they were running behind. Received BNVDs on July 10, 2020. Edit: To add, I did tell Robert that I was willing to wait longer for a good set of tubes over fulfilling the order faster.
3. Specs:

Left Tube:
Photocathode: 2577
EBI: 0.3
SNR: 35.1
Center Resolution: 72
Halo: 0.7
FOM: 2527
Edit - Data sheet reads 0 actual blems on tube. I was reading it wrong because I could see blems/spots in the tubes themselves. I'll try to take some pics tonight to see if they'll show up.

Right Tube:
Photocathode: 2289
EBI: 0.2
SNR: 34.4
FOM: 2477
Edit - Data sheet reads 0 actual blems on tube. I was reading it wrong because I could see blems/spots in the tubes themselves. I'll try to take some pics tonight to see if they'll show up.

4. Robert was very helpful and informative during the entire process. Great communication. I ordered a DBAL-A3 with the BNVDs and it came separately (sooner), even though Steiner was behind on production. Edit: To add, I did tell Robert that I was willing to wait longer for a good set of tubes over fulfilling the order faster.

The BNVDs are amazing, clarity, resolution, everything. My only issue is all the zone 2 blems on both tubes - edit: and while the sheets may show 0 blems, I can see several while looking through them. While they are small enough that I don't notice them when walking around, they are noticeable at a standstill. But the tubes are so good otherwise, I'm torn.

Unless, I'm misunderstanding what a blem is, which is very possible. I'll try to take pics and post later. May be peppering that Synyster06Gates is referring to.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 11:24:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:17:05 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Sam:
Go watch my video on tube cosmetics

YouTube SilentSolutions
View Quote

Thank you, I did. It was very helpful.

It appears my right tube is just about flawless when referring to measurable blems. It's an L3, so there's a few very small pepper flakes, but like you said, I don't really see them unless I'm staring at a wall.

My left tube appears to have a light emission point in zone 2 at 5 o'clock, and a small blem in zone 2 12 and 1 o'clock (maybe .003 or maybe smaller, not sure). Those are really the only two I notice when using them. Otherwise, the tubes are fantastic and super clear.

Since I'm rather new to night vision, other than using my buddy's occasionally, I guess I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I took two pics of the left tube, the first one looking at a darker background, and the second one looking at a lighter background.

Of course, pictures through the tube doesn't really capture how much they catch the eye when looking through the tube. Maybe I'm getting too wrapped around the axle about them I did set my expectations really high when I ordered them.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:21:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:53:00 AM EDT
TNVC / NGI RNVGs (XLSH tubes)

Specs:

Photocathode sensitivity: 2142/2247
Halo: .84/.98
EBI: 1.18/.87
FOM: 1907.2/1907.2
S/N: 29.8/29.8

Wait time:

Ordered 7/3, arrived 7/13 (2 days ahead of schedule according to tracking)

Review: Pending, goggles just arrived. Still working
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:08:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BrandonP:
TNVC / NGI RNVGs (XLSH tubes)

Specs:

Photocathode sensitivity: 2142/2247
Halo: .84/.98
EBI: 1.18/.87
FOM: 1907.2/1907.2
S/N: 29.8/29.8

Wait time:

Ordered 7/3, arrived 7/13 (2 days ahead of schedule according to tracking)

Review: Pending, goggles just arrived. Still working
View Quote

Damn man, that’s a hell of a system, especially for those dollars.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:44:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/13/2020 12:47:17 PM EDT by zinny103090]
Got a question regarding the under .003" spots which would qualify a tube as "spotless". Is there a limit to those per tube?
I've seen peppering in my tube and just one spot, which I assume is right under the margins. At one it doesnt bother me. The peppering are so small they dont bother me either. But I feel like if I had alot of the just under .003" spots in the tube(say 10+), then that'd become an issue.

Does L3 have a limit to those or would it still be considered "spotless".
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:07:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By zinny103090:
Got a question regarding the under .003" spots which would qualify a tube as "spotless". Is there a limit to those per tube?
I've seen peppering in my tube and just one spot, which I assume is right under the margins. At one it doesnt bother me. The peppering are so small they dont bother me either. But I feel like if I had alot of the just under .003" spots in the tube(say 10+), then that'd become an issue.

Does L3 have a limit to those or would it still be considered "spotless".
View Quote

If it's not a marked blem on the sheet then I don't believe theres a limit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:23:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 5:52:19 PM EDT
Then are truly clean tubes rare and the majority of tubes have "a litttle" bit of peppering and small marks?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 5:55:17 PM EDT
Some respectable specs coming out of the xls tubes. I figured they would be much better than the minimums on average. Appears to be the case. Especially for the money.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:59:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/15/2020 12:10:14 AM EDT by IAm4]
Well it looks like I was not one of the lucky ones for specs, I bought 2 of the pvs14's. One is decent with great ebi, the other is a solid meh across the board. Now to wait until dark to see how they look, and compare them to omni 7 and a higher spec l3 gp tube.

one
lum 1725
halo .98
ebi .15
res 64
snr 25
fom 1600
zero blems

two
lum 1684
halo .96
ebi .4
res 64
snr 23.3
fom 1491
zero blems

I now have too much night vision, somethings will be going up for sale.

Edit corrected fom on the first tube
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2020 1:29:35 PM EDT by BrandonP]
Would be interesting to see how they compare.

I know we are all getting caught up in raw specs but practically speaking, I'm wondering how will that impact detection / recognition range, ability to aim and fire accurately, etc? That part is less clear.

ETA: Especially since (as Sam said below) most of the tubes on which we've seen specs reflect tradeoffs - we have seen at least one that was amazing across the board, but I don't think we've seen any "omni 5 stinkers" that are deficient across the board as someone said in the other thread.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:18:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:02:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2020 9:04:54 PM EDT by matt_tn]
Originally Posted By IAm4:
Well it looks like I was not one of the lucky ones for specs, I bought 2 of the pvs14's. One is decent with great ebi, the other is a solid meh across the board. Now to wait until dark to see how they look, and compare them to omni 7 and a higher spec l3 gp tube.

one
lum 1725
halo .98
ebi .15
res 64
snr 25
fom 1800
zero blems
View Quote

I ordered a 14 and i wont lie I would be ecstatic for the specs on your one tube. I’ll be using it for light astronomy so fingers crossed for low ebi clean tubes like yours!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:14:45 PM EDT

one
lum 1725
halo .98
ebi .15
res 64
snr 25
fom 1800
zero blems

two
lum 1684
halo .96
ebi .4
res 64
snr 23.3
fom 1491
zero blems

I now have too much night vision, somethings will be going up for sale.
View Quote

Just a heads up the FOM in tube one is 1600, not 1800. And those are pretty decent specs for $2300...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:35:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sheepdog697:

Just a heads up the FOM in tube one is 1600, not 1800. And those are pretty decent specs for $2300...
View Quote

Plus it's WP. Damn good for $2,300. Way better than buying a similar spec used GP IMO.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:17:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/15/2020 12:19:27 AM EDT by IAm4]
I corrected the fom on tube one.

I think after playing with these and my omni 7 tubes in my agm51 and my pvs14 with a higher spec l3 tube I dont like WP. I feel the green is better for contrast for me. I do understand why people like the WP, it is more "normal" like black and white tv.

The really strange thing is I have a russian pvs7ish thing that is gen 2, and I like the darker green it has even better, too bad its cant see in real dark places.

So my eyes like the green, and like darker green the better.

So tomorrow they maybe for sale. But thats why I bought them to see what WP is like, and maybe get lucky with liking it and getting a great tube.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:40:21 AM EDT
I corrected the fom on tube one.

I think after playing with these and my omni 7 tubes in my agm51 and my pvs14 with a higher spec l3 tube I dont like WP. I feel the green is better for contrast for me. I do understand why people like the WP, it is more "normal" like black and white tv.

The really strange thing is I have a russian pvs7ish thing that is gen 2, and I like the darker green it has even better, too bad its cant see in real dark places.

So my eyes like the green, and like darker green the better.

So tomorrow they maybe for sale. But thats why I bought them to see what WP is like, and maybe get lucky with liking it and getting a great tube.

View Quote

Dang, well that sucks. I do think WP is something you will know right away if you like it or not but perhaps give it more time. The first time I looked at WP I was "yup, I like this better".

One thing to keep in mind is that in very low light conditions the color difference between WP & GP doesn't stand out as much. Maybe try it with some more ambient light or when the Moon returns.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:54:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/15/2020 12:55:09 AM EDT by IAm4]
Originally Posted By will-1:

Dang, well that sucks. I do think WP is something you will know right away if you like it or not but perhaps give it more time. The first time I looked at WP I was "yup, I like this better".

One thing to keep in mind is that in very low light conditions the color difference between WP & GP doesn't stand out as much. Maybe try it with some more ambient light or when the Moon returns.
View Quote

I tried it in the back yard, which is dark but I can turn on some ir lights on my cameras and I did, I also used it out in a field with just star light.

Now I also have very sensitive eyes, I turn everything down, I almost never have the gain up all the way. I ran the gain up and down on both GP and WP, still the green wins out for my eyes. I just think the white is too harsh for my eyes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 5:44:29 AM EDT
Posted it in the sale thread but figured I'd add to the "database."

1. TNVC thin-filmed WP XLSH RNVG (July 4th sale)

2. Bought at 1:20am on July 3rd. 2-4 day quoted lead time. Shipped on 3rd business day, received July 14th.

3. Lum: 2213/1871
Halo: 0.98/0.86
EBI: 1.17/1.31
Resolution: 81/76
FOM: 2640.6/2333.2
SNR: 32.6/30.7

4. At first I was worried about the disparity between the tubes on the spec sheet, but was reassured here on the board. Left tube has a semi-large blem in zone 2 and a few small blems in zone 1. Right tube is Crystal clear and I can't find any blems. In real world use, I can't find any difference between the tubes and these are the clearest NVGs I've ever used. After only having experience with the crappiest Army issue 14s, these are mind blowing. Couldn't be happier. Took some pics last night but it had just finished pouring rain so my lenses and phone camera kept fogging. Going out to the lake this weekend and I'll get some good pics.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:50:37 AM EDT

View Quote

Thats one thing that concerns me. I really like green and I want some RNVG's.

but the filmless WP units are where the ridiculous tubes are being built with +30snr and 72+lpmm. The tech behind the thin filmed green tubes is pretty much maxed out these days and cant reach the filmless numbers.

I want a high spec filmess green tube but those arent an option when ordering
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:30:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Posted it in the sale thread but figured I'd add to the "database."

1. TNVC thin-filmed WP XLSH RNVG (July 4th sale)

2. Bought at 1:20am on July 3rd. 2-4 day quoted lead time. Shipped on 3rd business day, received July 14th.

3. Lum: 2213/1871
Halo: 0.98/0.86
EBI: 1.17/1.31
Resolution: 81/76
FOM: 2640.6/2333.2
SNR: 32.6/30.7

4. At first I was worried about the disparity between the tubes on the spec sheet, but was reassured here on the board. Left tube has a semi-large blem in zone 2 and a few small blems in zone 1. Right tube is Crystal clear and I can't find any blems. In real world use, I can't find any difference between the tubes and these are the clearest NVGs I've ever used. After only having experience with the crappiest Army issue 14s, these are mind blowing. Couldn't be happier. Took some pics last night but it had just finished pouring rain so my lenses and phone camera kept fogging. Going out to the lake this weekend and I'll get some good pics.

View Quote

Those are hella nice tubes. Hope I end up with similar
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:37:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By xLucidx:

but the filmless WP units are where the ridiculous tubes are being built with +30snr and 72+lpmm. The tech behind the thin filmed green tubes is pretty much maxed out these days and cant reach the filmless numbers.

View Quote

If I recall correctly, you can contact TNVC directly and they can hook you up with green filmless. Worth a shot if that's what you're after.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:08:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:23:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

We can build Unfilmed Green Phosphor systems.

We do not normally stock Unfilmed GP tubes because they are not great sellers--most people want WP if they're going to pay the extra for Unfilmed tubes, however we have a direct dealer relationship with L3Harris' EO division (not EOTech or other downstream distributors), so we can source the tubes without issue, they would just be special order. We have built many of these systems on request, they're just not a part of the normal product line on the website.

~Augee
View Quote

Hey Augee,

This is mainly for my own curiosity but I think it is good info regardless - when you special order 18UM/UA tubes can you request certain specs or do you have to pick one (18/20/22) based on the minimum FOM the customer is expecting?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:39:16 PM EDT

Hey Augee,

This is mainly for my own curiosity but I think it is good info regardless - when you special order 18UM/UA tubes can you request certain specs or do you have to pick one (18/20/22) based on the minimum FOM the customer is expecting?
View Quote

in for the answer to this.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:22:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:00:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
A special order situation is exactly that, so it depends on what the customer asks for.

If it's something that can easily be ordered that's already in our system (most things) then we just order that.

If it's a more specialized request, we tell them (the vendor--in this case L3H) what we need, and they tell us what to order.

Being honest, we don't pay half as much attention to the 18/20/22 um/ua stuff as many other vendors/customers seem obsessed with. Even our 18um tubes, while coming from 18um "batches" are not necessarily "straight" 18um tubes, we have certain stipulations and contract modifications and specifications for our tubes that are custom for us (no, I will not share what they are, sorry) to ensure that the tube quality matches our standards, and why we will often tell customers that all of our MIL-SPEC tubes are similar to what many other vendors would refer to as "hand select."

~Augee
View Quote

I wondered why my TNVC units data sheets all said “OID: Custom” on them lol
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:16:58 AM EDT
lot of terminology and acronyms in this thread...

is there a glossary of all this anywhere?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:35:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2020 6:36:14 AM EDT by dogesco93]
Is there any way we can keep vendors out of this thread and just to customer experience/specs as listed? Thread came out as a great idea and quickly turned into "thanks for your business, here's why to buy from me..." If I'm being honest the NV game is 99% marketing, 1% units. The people in here swinging purses are largely putting out similar units and customer experiences/warranties. One might have a more high speed website or post more regularly but that doesn't mean they're "better."

Kind of aggravating. We know who the big players are and what they can bring to the table. This is about specs/wait time/customer experience and not "THANKS FOR YOUR BUSINESS HERE IS WHY THE NEXT GUY SHOULD BUY FROM ME."
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:47:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By heron163:
lot of terminology and acronyms in this thread...

is there a glossary of all this anywhere?
View Quote

https://tnvc.com/faq/
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:39:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:15:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TNVC_Sam:

Make sure you tell everybody including the paying team members what they can and can’t post in a thread that isn’t yours so they don’t post up questions about certain items directed at site sponsors who spend a great deal of time money energy and effort to maintain a presence on this forum in an attempt to answer questions and share information about a highly technical niche industry.
View Quote

The last time I checked this thread was for specs, wait times, experience overall  Not Q&A, thanks for your business or here is why I’m better than everyone else. A lot of the questions here could be answered by doing some research, starting a separate thread if an answer wasn’t readily available, DMing a site sponsor (or posting in a site sponsors dedicated sub forum). Thanks for posting immediately to prove my point.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:31:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2020 10:32:06 AM EDT by TNVC_Sam]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:34:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dogesco93:
Is there any way we can keep vendors out of this thread and just to customer experience/specs as listed? Thread came out as a great idea and quickly turned into "thanks for your business, here's why to buy from me..." If I'm being honest the NV game is 99% marketing, 1% units. The people in here swinging purses are largely putting out similar units and customer experiences/warranties. One might have a more high speed website or post more regularly but that doesn't mean they're "better."

Kind of aggravating. We know who the big players are and what they can bring to the table. This is about specs/wait time/customer experience and not "THANKS FOR YOUR BUSINESS HERE IS WHY THE NEXT GUY SHOULD BUY FROM ME."
View Quote

I disagree - i think it's absolutely necessary they be in here. Like earlier in the thread where Robert's customer service was called into question- he was able to provide the other side of the story.  I think that for people looking at this thread to help them decide where to spend their money they should be able to see all sides of the buying experiences.

Not to mention the incredible amount of information the vendors are providing while answering questions.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:00:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2020 11:08:18 AM EDT by dogesco93]
Originally Posted By Majordoorkicker:

I disagree - i think it's absolutely necessary they be in here. Like earlier in the thread where Robert's customer service was called into question- he was able to provide the other side of the story.  I think that for people looking at this thread to help them decide where to spend their money they should be able to see all sides of the buying experiences.

Not to mention the incredible amount of information the vendors are providing while answering questions.

View Quote

Eta. It’s not worth my time. I’ll vote with my wallet
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:14:44 AM EDT

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Majordoorkicker:

Well, enjoy subpar support and products then.

The amount of NV devices I’ve had just in the last 10 months is 15+. I’ve bought from “bigger” IG sellers, smaller online vendors, site sponsors, etc. at the end of the day the only ones that haven’t sucked either on warranty considerations or after purchase support have been site sponsors here
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:36:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:22:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By nate002:
Re-posting my post from earlier, with edits:

1. Ultra Light L3 Filmless WP High FOM BNVDs from JRH Enterprises.
2. Ordered on May 14, 2020 - was told 4-6 week lead time at the time. Robert told me on June 8 about filling some big government orders right now so they were running behind. Received BNVDs on July 10, 2020. Edit: To add, I did tell Robert that I was willing to wait longer for a good set of tubes over fulfilling the order faster.
3. Specs:

Left Tube:
Photocathode: 2577
EBI: 0.3
SNR: 35.1
FOM: 2527

Right Tube:
Photocathode: 2289
EBI: 0.2
SNR: 34.4
FOM: 2477

4. Robert was very helpful and informative during the entire process. Great communication. I ordered a DBAL-A3 with the BNVDs and it came separately (sooner), even though Steiner was behind on production. Edit: To add, I did tell Robert that I was willing to wait longer for a good set of tubes over fulfilling the order faster.

The BNVDs are amazing, clarity, resolution, everything. My only issue is all the zone 2 blems on both tubes - edit: and while the sheets may show 0 blems, I can see several while looking through them. While they are small enough that I don't notice them when walking around, they are noticeable at a standstill. But the tubes are so good otherwise, I'm torn.

Unless, I'm misunderstanding what a blem is, which is very possible. I'll try to take pics and post later. May be peppering that Synyster06Gates is referring to.
View Quote

So after I did some more research on bright spots and emission points, it appears my left tube has a very small emission point. It is really only visible at low gain settings and when I'm looking at a bare wall. Walking around outside in both dark and bright conditions with the gain up a little, it's hardly noticeable. Robert was excellent with communication and offered to RMA the tube so they could look at it and take care of it if necessary. He was very patient with me, as I am not an NVG expert by any means. Robert also assured me if it became worse during the 10 year warranty period, it would be covered. He told me I could send it back at any time if anything changes. With that assurance, I am okay with keeping the tube(s) and using them while monitoring the point.

Robert has been extremely helpful and communicative the entire process, from start to finish, and I would recommend his services to anyone. He's probably about to hook me for a COTI too!
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 1:20:43 AM EDT

https://tnvc.com/faq/
View Quote

thank you!
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:55:29 AM EDT
1. TNVC/NGI thin-filmed WP XLS PVS14, July 4th sale

2. Ordered at 1:15am PST on July 3rd. The invoice email said 5 business days to ship. They shipped July 17th and arrived on the 18th (I'm pretty local to TNVC).

3. Lum: 2437
Halo: 0.68
EBI: 0.99
Resolution: 72
FOM: 2325.6
SNR: 32.3

4. I have no prior experience with night vision. I emailed TNVC a few months ago with some questions due to my extreme left eye dominance, and Sam steered me towards a 14 since I've never looked through duals. I'm happy with the specs (especially for the price!) and was very happy with the performance when I fired it up for the first time tonight. I did not mind the extra week wait and would buy from TNVC again.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 6:11:19 AM EDT
Would be really nice to see a spec paired with a NL5 photo and a NL4 photo (outdoors and indoors).

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 6:28:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Polerouter:

2. Ordered at 1:15am PST on July 3rd. The invoice email said 5 business days to ship. They shipped July 17th and arrived on the 18th (I'm pretty local to TNVC).

4. I have no prior experience with night vision. I emailed TNVC a few months ago with some questions due to my extreme left eye dominance, and Sam steered me towards a 14 since I've never looked through duals. I'm happy with the specs (especially for the price!) and was very happy with the performance when I fired it up for the first time tonight. I did not mind the extra week wait and would buy from TNVC again.
View Quote

If you can, could you add a few pics through the tube, if possible outside.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 7:49:02 AM EDT

View Quote

Great specs. If you can share some pics!
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:24:06 AM EDT

View Quote

Really nice specs, thanks for posting!  Any visible spots? peppering? Reese's peanut butter cups®?

Got tracking on mine Friday, should have specs to post by coming Wednesday.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:57:32 PM EDT

View Quote

Also it seems like high spec filmless greens dont reach the specs that wp do and not as often. Loved my 18um filmless green tubes tho.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:02:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2020 3:13:26 AM EDT by GroundhogOZ]
It was interesting going through all the specs - perhaps a quick way of looking at pure low light performance is the ratio of SNR:EBI, high signal to noise ratio is better than low SNR and low equivalent background illumination (which governs very low light capability) is better than high EBI hence the higher the SNR:EBI the better the low level performance.

shredding axes - 61
alevinson91 - 42
jwramp - 96
rcoers - 50
sheepdog - 51
stinkfoot - 47
glowworm - 47
pnwpatriot - 67
chase45 - 59
kytraveller - 97
drywall - 36
mpmoody - 32
chevy69 - 27
nate02 - 50
brandonp - 34
iam4 - 166
blancodiablo - 28
polerouter - 33

reference 4G+ typical - 213 (32/0.15)
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:19:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JonLSU:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JonLSU:

Originally Posted By Honda4828:

Great specs. If you can share some pics!

My photos don't do the tube justice, it's much clearer and sharper in real life. The area I was looking at was almost pitch black without NODs:

Originally Posted By Enzo300:

Really nice specs, thanks for posting!  Any visible spots? peppering? Reese's peanut butter cups®?

Got tracking on mine Friday, should have specs to post by coming Wednesday.

You can see a spot at about 3 o'clock, but when you're walking around you hardly notice it. I haven't noticed any other flaws.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:37:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:
It was interesting going through all the specs - perhaps a quick way of looking at pure low light performance is the ratio of SNR:EBI, high signal to noise ratio is better than low SNR and low equivalent background illumination (which governs very low light capability) is better than high EBI hence the higher the SNR:EBI the better the low level performance.

shredding axes - 61
alevinson91 - 42
jwramp - 96
rcoers - 50
sheepdog - 51
stinkfoot - 47
glowworm - 47
pnwpatriot - 67
chase45 - 59
kytraveller - 97
drywall - 36
mpmoody - 32
chevy69 - 27
nate02 - 50
brandonp - 34
iam4 - 166
blancodiablo - 28
polerouter - 33

reference 4G+ typical - 213 (32/0.15)
View Quote

Your Photonis 4G typical is incorrect as Photonis measures EBI in a different unit than US manufacturers (microlux vs phot).
Multiply your EBI by 10 to correct it to the same unit (your EBI in phot would become 1.5) and your typical becomes 21.3 which isn't all that great compared to what other people are getting.
Page / 9
Top Top