Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you explain how the TAPS Pro and the MAWL interface a bit more, especially regarding the A/B button functions?

I'm in the process of building a new rifle and the TAPS Pro is a definite buy part for me and the MAWL looks great but I'd like to understand how they work together a bit better first. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Understood. You do know all other lasers also have a 1 year warranty, that includes the restricted units as well, some much higher priced than the new MAWL. Kind of an industry standard. Would I like to see a longer warranty on all lasers?  You bet!  
View Quote

Oh I completely understand it's the current industry standard however, that doesn't mean I agree with it.  The warranty and getting out of the .mil pushed back me buying an APTIAL-C which I'm kind of glad happened but now I need to save up even more pennies.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hi Tak, the green Vis is also a game changer with 100 yard day time range for this who need that. By far, it's the best civilian legal IR laser illuminator on the market as you can see by the pic above how it performs against a restricted PEQ-15 on high. Understood on the price Brother.

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty awesome thing this mawl is. Price aside this looks like about the best ir laser on the market now. I'm not going to stick a clunky dbal d2 on my rifle, so if this thing gets to 2k, that's my buy in price.

Hi Tak, the green Vis is also a game changer with 100 yard day time range for this who need that. By far, it's the best civilian legal IR laser illuminator on the market as you can see by the pic above how it performs against a restricted PEQ-15 on high. Understood on the price Brother.

Vic

Just based on the pics, it might be better or as good as a DBAL-D2. I really REALLY want to get my mitts on one, I just cannot spend that amount of $ on a LAM.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#5]
If it works as advertised, that is one very discreet and capable little system.  Now I just need to talk myself out of buying one
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Looks great with an LWTS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it works as advertised, that is one very discreet and capable little system.  Now I just need to talk myself out of buying one

Looks great with an LWTS

Crap, I have one of those too
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
How do you like the mount?  I really like the way I have my main guns set up right now, and the LAM portion of each is MUCH less than $2500 but I still find myself wanting one of these.  I should not have clicked on this thread this morning!  Based on the description and what you said on top of that, it does seem like this may be a pretty groundbreaking product.  My main IR illuminator is a Streamlight SuperTac IR which is extremely cost effective and has great range.  Can anyone comment on the range of the MAWL-C1 vs. the Streamlight?  I'd hate to spend enough to buy a SCAR-17 and then have less IR illumination range than I did w/ the $75 Streamlight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#11]
TAPS works great with the MAWL, it's what I'm using now actually.

You can plug the laser lead into the A or B port on the back of the MAWL.

I suggest plugging it into the A port as that is the 90% use case mode.

Alternatively you can use the insight / insight model TAPS with MAWL A/B. And use your light with a push button.

All of the programming modes work with the MAWL as with any other laser.

And who knows, maybe a MAWL specific TAPS is in the works.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
TAPS works great with the MAWL, it's what I'm using now actually.

You can plug the laser lead into the A or B port on the back of the MAWL.

I suggest plugging it into the A port as that is the 90% use case mode.

Alternatively you can use the insight / insight model TAPS with MAWL A/B. And use your light with a push button.

All of the programming modes work with the MAWL as with any other laser.

And who knows, maybe a MAWL specific TAPS is in the works.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
View Quote
Awesome. Thanks for clarifying. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just got word from BE Meyers that the second batch of MAWL C1+ should be shipping by end of this month or so.

After that would be hard to say as military orders take precedence and the MAWL C1+ is made from mostly the same hardware on the same assembly line as the military models.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/580x365/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/a/mawl-c1p-march.jpg
View Quote

Is it configurable to mount on the opposite side of the rifle?  For the left-handed folks. :)

ETA: Never-mind, read the following on your site: "Regardless, the MAWL-C1+ is completely ambidextrous.  This is achieved through a never-before-seen modular design that allows the head and tail to separate from the body, trade places, and be reassembled on the opposite side."
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#17]
What would be really slick is if you could run a cable from the MAWL to a Surefire and when in the VIS setting the light would be activated by the push button.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:48:45 AM EDT
[#18]
After getting my dbal d2 I understand the appeal of the MAWL a tad more. Love the d2 but it's big and heavy. Due to its size I might have to tax stamp my AR pistol to make it all ergonomically work. I don't necessarily want to stamp that pistol either. Bleh. It never ends. Why can't a solution like the MAWL come out at a reasonable price.

There just isn't any way I want to spend $2500 on one. I guess I'll just wait until someone geeks one away on EE.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#20]
People are dumping pretty good lasers at retarded low prices to get their hands on a MWAL.

I've seen RAPTARS at $650.

Of course, I'm at $225 in my fun fund. I just need a bit over 9x that to get to a MWAL.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine's on order, Light Out MF!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I need to hurry up and pay off my credit card debt so I can finance one of these.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Was monkeying around with a C1+ this weekend and mounted it onto my 11.5" DD upper alongside a Surefire X300u to see how the fit was. Gotta say, they look just about perfect for each other - take a look below (I'm a southpaw). I did some through-the-tube filming with the FPRS too, but very tough to capture how friggin bright and capable this civi-legal device really is - I was very impressed.

All them milliwatts, perfectly legal:

Here's what the business end looks like when rotated to IR mode:

And with a cowitnessed MAWL Man front-site:

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Mine will be here Monday boys...  Plan is to make it busy busy busy on Wednesday and report back.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#27]

I see that TNVC is sending out their second shipment.  Cannot wait to get some time behind this thing!  Now I just need Unity to fix my TAPS Pro and get it back to me!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Why do I still see white lights on guns with these?  I thought they had a white light option, no?

ETA:  the MAWL man is beyond awesome.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why do I still see white lights on guns with these?  I thought they had a white light option, no?

ETA:  the MAWL man is beyond awesome.
View Quote

No I believe they said they were designed to be used with a surefire mini 300.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No I believe they said they were designed to be used with a surefire mini 300.
View Quote
Correct, they do not have a white light.  Just a viz laser, then an IR laser and illuminator. 
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm sold on this thing.  I did a comparison between the MAWL-C, ATPIAL-C and DBAL-I2.  The MAWL is hands down better than the other 2 options I own.  The illuminator is so much better it's like the others aren't even on.  I was able to see the illuminator and the laser out well past 100 yards against both a blue and brown background, the siding on other houses in the neighborhood.  Now I need to figure out how to buy a second one.  B.E. Meyers hit a home run with this thing for sure. 
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Looking forward to getting one of these.

@TNVC What is the wait time looking like if ordering around the 15th of this month?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#35]
This B.E. Meyers MAWL-C1 kit is totally unique and unlike any other weapon mounted laser I have used, extremely nice functional design.

Will get some NV pics at night of me shooting my steel gong in the backyard soon.

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine was built on 3/30/2017 and I received it on 4/12/2017, pretty fast!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We have few left in stock NOW. Not to sound like a used car sales men, (these are going pretty quick), there is no guarantee they will be in stock 2 days from now.
View Quote
Thanks, Jaimie hooked me up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#40]
The BE Meyers MAWL laser system is really a well planned and thought out piece of kit. Low is obviously for CQB work less than 50 yards, Medium is for everything between 50-250 yards and is the setting that I find most helpful for my use with the precise IR Illumination surrounding the IR laser, High is super powerful like an LDI SPIR and will reach out 500-600 yards.

It is without a doubt the most versatile and uniquely designed weapon mounted laser system I have ever owned, easy to operate at night with controls just being operated with tactile touch.

Here are a couple of NV pics I took, could not get any HIGH photos as it was just too bright for the area I was hunting in with max range of about 200 yards, Medium works absolutely the best for this range.

First a photo of the area I was hunting in with the 24 watt Larsen IR headlamp on my UTV:

Now a look at the same area though the UTV mounted FLIR M-324 remote thermal:

Look of same area with the MAWL on Medium:

Medium @ 225 yards:

Low @ 225 yards:

Photos do not do it justice, it was an overcast night with no moon or stars and completely pitch dark out. I will try to get some better photos when it the stars are out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The BE Meyers MAWL laser system is really a well planned and thought out piece of kit. Low is obviously for CQB work less than 50 yards, Medium is for everything between 50-250 yards and is the setting that I find most helpful for my use with the precise IR Illumination surrounding the IR laser, High is super powerful like an LDI SPIR and will reach out 500-600 yards.

It is without a doubt the most versatile and uniquely designed weapon mounted laser system I have ever owned, easy to operate at night with controls just being operated with tactile touch.

Here are a couple of NV pics I took, could not get any HIGH photos as it was just too bright for the area I was hunting in with max range of about 200 yards, Medium works absolutely the best for this range.

First a photo of the area I was hunting in with the 24 watt Larsen IR headlamp on my UTV:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/MAWL/MAWL%20NV/UTV%20IR.jpg

Now a look at the same area though the UTV mounted FLIR M-324 remote thermal:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/MAWL/MAWL%20NV/FLIR.jpg

Look of same area with the MAWL on Medium:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/MAWL/MAWL%20NV/MAWL%20Med.jpg

Medium @ 225 yards:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/MAWL/MAWL%20NV/MAWL%20Med%20200%20Yards.jpg

Low @ 225 yards:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/MAWL/MAWL%20NV/MAWL%20Low%20200%20yardsB.jpg

Photos do not do it justice, it was an overcast night with no moon or stars and completely pitch dark out. I will try to get some better photos when it the stars are out.
View Quote
Can you focus the illuminator or is it on set spill/flood with each level of power?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#42]
It has all been very well preplanned out, no need to adjust the illuminator, it is perfectly centered and non adjustable, the entire operation of the unit definitely has had much thought put into it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I got my MAWL yesterday from TNVC. I'm new to lasers but this thing is pretty bad ass. I feel like even with my limited knowledge and experience this thing is pretty intuitive to use.

One thing I was wondering is since in IR mode you have the option to activate the laser+illuminator simultaneously wouldn't you want that same ability with the visible laser and white light? I understand the white light is seperate but why wouldn't there be a relay or a built in unit for this? just wondering. Looking forward to learning more about how to use this thing in the TNVC night vision class I will be in this year!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There is something like what you speak of, its called the TAPS Pro from TNVC, you can program one of the buttons to activate both your light and laser in momentary or constant on modes of operation.
View Quote
Very much looking forward to getting my TAPS Pro back from Unity to try it with this.  I specifically wanted the Pro just for this application.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn, you are going to make me spend even more money with you guys. lol

I'm really glad I waited. I was literally on the verge of dropping the hammer on a restricted unit at the same time the MAWL came available. the reason I was looking at restricted was for the illuminator. Since the MAWL had such a great illuminator, a warrantee and better ergonomics I went that route. not to mention I don't have to worry about agent Wo

Quoted:
There is something like what you speak of, its called the TAPS Pro from TNVC, you can program one of the buttons to activate both your light and laser in momentary or constant on modes of operation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It has all been very well preplanned out, no need to adjust the illuminator, it is perfectly centered and non adjustable, the entire operation of the unit definitely has had much thought put into it.
View Quote
Hmmmm. But what happens when you're on medium (or worse high)lets say, and the bottom of the beam is shining on the ground closer than the target you are trying to light up and it blooms your nods out. Like what is noticeable in one of the pics above?  

With other products you can adjust the beam to help mitigate that. It's not like you can just push the beam higher. If you do that you push the muzzle higher and might not be able to take the shot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top