Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/11/2001 2:39:46 PM EST
I need to ship some .454 Casull to my brother upstate. Who should I use?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:22:35 PM EST
UPS seems to work just fine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:56:28 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:48:36 AM EST
UPS is probably the best method, but before you do any packaging I suggest checking out their www site on shipping hazardous materials.


As the shipper, it's your responsibilty to be in compliance with the regs, and IMO the best way is to follow the UPS procedures. At the bottom of the first page is a number for their Hazardous Materials Support Center, 1-800-554-9964.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:49:02 PM EST
No-go on the shipping. Just found out today, both FEDEX and UPS now require you to have a Hazardous Material account with them before they will accept items considered hazardous from an individual. Joy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:31:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/14/2001 3:24:24 AM EST by EOD_Guy]

ORM-D can go by air as well as ground. The ORM-D stands for Other Regulated Material-D. The D doesn't mean anything in particular. There also used to be ORM-A,B,C and E. They were dropped when the US went to the International Shipping Standards. ORM-D is only used within the US and is mostly used for consumer commodities. That is how they get us all the hazardous materials we use at the consumer level. A lot of the marking, labeling and shipping paper requirements in the regulations are not required.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:36:45 AM EST
Ammunition is not hazardous. Same marking (ORM-D) as hairspray.

I send and receive it several times a month.
Top Top