Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2010 9:19:55 PM EDT
I searched but didnt find any old threads.
I managed to rip the wires off my Dillon case cleaner
Who makes a good long lasting Case cleaner
Should I just get another Dillon for $140?
or is there something better
Link Posted: 12/3/2010 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
All I saw was Need to replace my Vibrator,

I need some sleep.
Link Posted: 12/3/2010 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Take that sucker apart and fix er up.  Or send it my way ;)
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 2:32:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Thumler's Tumbler UV-18 will last forever, mine's over 20 years old and still runs great
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 3:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take that sucker apart and fix er up.  +1

Or send it my way ;)          2nd in line :) and ill pay for the shipping

Link Posted: 12/4/2010 3:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Take a pic of the 'ripped off wires'.

If you want to pay shipping both ways I will fix it for you
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll tell you NOT to buy the Lyman Pro Magnum.  I had mine for six months and had to send it back last week because it was started vibrating so slow the media was barely moving.
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Why relpace something you can fix?
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a Dillon  Its a Midway 1292
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#11]

I'll tell you NOT to buy the Lyman Pro Magnum. I had mine for six months and had to send it back last week because it was started vibrating so slow the media was barely moving.

Wow, you must of had a bad one. I've used all 3 of mine to clean WELL over a dozen 55 gal. drums of brass in the last 3 years.
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'll tell you NOT to buy the Lyman Pro Magnum. I had mine for six months and had to send it back last week because it was started vibrating so slow the media was barely moving.

Wow, you must of had a bad one. I've used all 3 of mine to clean WELL over a dozen 55 gal. drums of brass in the last 3 years.

I've used the crap outta mine, works fine... must've just got a bad one AR-Doctor –– it happens!  Normally that kind of stuff happens to me!

Link Posted: 12/5/2010 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#14]
It shorted pretty good, It fubarred the Circuit in my garage where it was plugged in I tried re soldering the lead where it pulled away from the stacked plate part of the motor, just more fire and smoke when I powered it back up.
This has been an expensive week, I fried my Tumbler, I probably toasted an ancient breaker, and killed My Blackberry.
I should have worked the weekend instead of taking my floating holidays, it would have been Hundreds of dollars cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It shorted pretty good, It fubarred the Circuit in my garage where it was plugged in I tried re soldering the lead where it pulled away from the stacked plate part of the motor, just more fire and smoke when I powered it back up.
This has been an expensive week, I fried my Tumbler, I probably toasted an ancient breaker, and killed My Blackberry.
I should have worked the weekend instead of taking my floating holidays, it would have been Hundreds of dollars cheaper.

what kind of breaker are you talking about
i have thousands of them in stock
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I will have to pull it out and send a picture, There is no clear markings visible The Box is GE, but no Idea on the breaker Manufacturer just that they are OLD probably Circa 1967 ish
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 4:11:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thumler's Tumbler UV-18 will last forever, mine's over 20 years old and still runs great

And couple that with wet tumbling with SS media and you have the best thing since sliced bread and you never have to buy media again.
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#19]
WOO HOO the tumbler is still dead BUT I got the Garage and living room powered back up
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Replaced the breaker
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I picked up a Dayton 1/40 hp motor a new power cord and switch

It vibrates its little butt off now
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Another vote for Tumblers Ultra Vibe 18.

Yes, they have a large motor.

and here's another vote for Thumlers.  They're built like a tank.
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I picked up a Dayton 1/40 hp motor a new power cord and switch

It vibrates its little butt off now

Good work man!  Now, out of curiosity... How much did the repair cost you?
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 6:07:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Perfect excuse to jump into SS media.............
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Can you not fix the wires?  Take it apart and fix the wires?

The Dillon is the best,  it has the biggest/strongest motor and will last you alot longer then pretty much every other tumbler out there..  Especially since you already owned one, you likely wont be happy with anything less.

As other's have said the Thumbler tumblers are 2nd best to the Dillon.   The reason I place them 2nd is that the motor they use is just slightly smaller then Dillon's, the bowl size is smaller and the price is higher then Dillon's.    This makes the Dillon better but otherwise they are basically equal.

There are atleast a 1/2 dozen tumbler threads in the last month on the forum...

-Masta

Link Posted: 1/15/2011 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I've used a RCBS tumbler for years.  it's still running but I switched to a thumler rock type tumbler and stainless steel media.  Best thing I ever did for my reloading.

For the SS media you do need the wet drum type and not the bowl vibrator type.  You're at the cross roads now with a dead and down vibrator type.  No time like the present.

If you want to read a very long thread on SS media tumbling go to the sniper's hide website and look in their reloading section.  IIRC it's near or over a hundred pages long and no one seems disappointed in the SS media setup.  The downside is it'll cost a bit more to go this route.  The downfall of the american vibratory tumblers is the offshoring to china for the motors.  My RCBS has an amercian motor from the late 80's and has been neglected and abused but will not fail.  I cannot tell you how many times I forgot it was running and found it 24 hours later.   Shame on the american companies for the cost cutting.  Look at how many threads we see in the reloading section of brand new or low hours machines crapping out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#28]
OP - just call Dillon up and explain that the wires burnt up on the motor and I'll bet they'll take care of it for you.

I had a motor co out on my old Dillon 500 and they repaired it with the new motor for the mdl 750 for basically just the codt of the motor (much less than buying a new one.

Bird963
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Its not a Dillon it is a Midway 1292
I replaced the Motor with a 1/40 hp Dayton
but it is acting up ( I will try some longer 8/32" bolts)

If this doesnt work I will pick up a DILLON
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top