Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2002 2:31:21 PM EDT
Is this camo finish factory? It looks good but I'am not familiar with Bushmaster selling a gun like this in the past. Can someone ID this a a factory finished gun?

http://www.mindspring.com/~ls1417/bush1.jpg  
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
From the pic it looks like Bowflage to me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Factory finish job? Its my understanding the gun came finished like this from Bushmaster. Thats what I'am trying to confirm.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
That's no "factory" job. Is he charging a higher price due to the finish?

Just Say No.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's see... I'm trying to remember which manufacturers offer painted furniture.  I remember Armalite offers either RealTree or Advantage as a pattern.  If any other manufacturer offers a factory camo painted finish it is still a copyrighted pattern like those mentioned.  Don't know of any manufacturer offering painted metal AND plastic but I'm not 100 percent on that.

Jim_Dandy can you help out here?
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Troy, that was an idea that occurred to me too but there's the remote possibility the rifle could be some kind of a post-ban LEO rifle.  I don't think so either.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't that an A1 sight on the upper?

I was once told that BM never manufactured any uppers with A1 sights, only A2 sights.

Have you tried posting this in the Bushmaster industry forum?
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushy does offer an A1 upper as a separate part (p/n A1UR) but don't remember if it's been offered as a standard catalog item.  I do seem to remember having a Bushy A1 AK Shorty one time.  Only owned it for a couple of weeks.  Traded it in when I changed everything over to flattops.  I've heard Bushy will do custom assemblies for some departments.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]
This gun is being considered by me in a trade. Its represented as a preban coming from the factory finished and in this configuration. I have no reason to doubt the person who currently owns the gun but I want independant confirmation if possible.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Are there any markings on the upper?
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 2:37:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are there any markings on the upper?

I will find out Phil but I have not physically handled the gun. Its supposed to be ALL factory BM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top