Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 5:44:19 AM EDT

Needing input on non-collapsable or A2 stock?  What is your experience with your AR with either stock?M33
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you have a preban or are building an M-4gery, I see no need for the non-collapsible stock.The A2 stock is more comfortable and offers extra storage space.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks aside- how much shorter would the gun be with the fake-folder?  I've wondered myself how one would be on my dissipator.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both. On my M4Gery, the non-collapsable one looks better, but is waaaaaaaaaaaay too short for me. The A2 fits me better, but doesn't look that nice on an M4Gery.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks for the input guys, I'm about to order my RR lower for next year and for $240 for non-collapsable, I may have to order an A2 lower after I complete my AR. M33
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Those fake folders are silly.  If I ever had one, every time I looked at my rifle I'd say, "Gee, look at that fake folder" and I'd think of Bill Clinton and his legacy.  Or The thoughts wouldn't be pleasant.  And that's not what I want to think about when I look at my rifle.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The Bushmaster Telestyld stock has the same dimensions as their A2 stock.  I have both and when I changed the A2 out to put the telestyled on I had them next to each other, same height width and depth.  The telesyled stock is much lighter. You could almost consider it a skeletonized A2 stock.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I might get it if it had a full buffer tube.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Unless you have a preban or are building an M-4gery, I see no need for the non-collapsible stock.The A2 stock is more comfortable and offers extra storage space.

Yup.  My sentiments exactly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually prefer the A1 stock.  It is a little shorter, which is more comfortable for me than the A2 that came on my Bushmaster. It also has the storage space.  I put the A2 butt plate-trap door on it, in fact I used all the hardware from the A2, Except the one screw that is a different length (I forget if was the top or bottom).  They don't make them any more, and I think they are made of an older form of plastic.  There has been talk of a couple of companies making them out of the A2 plastic, but I haven't seen them yet.  The company that makes the C-7 for the Canadian armed forces makes them, but won't/can't sell to civillians.  I got mine from Landry's (don't remember the phone #, had to call a bunch of times, but when I finally got a live person everything went fast and smooth.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top