Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/24/2002 10:35:13 PM EDT
I have been more than impressed too many time to mention with the knowledge of forum members so I have a bit of a headscratcher:

If you hold a gun at eye level on the edge of a large expanse of water & fire the gun, what distance will the bullet travel before it hits water?

If anyone has a chart listing all distances for most common calibers, I'd appreciate it. Or if someone can make up a chart as well.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:48:58 AM EDT
Sorry don't know the answer to your question, but this web site might be of some interest to you in determining the answer, www.nennstiel-ruprecht.de/bullfly/index.htm#Figures.

A worse this will BTT,
Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:12:17 AM EDT
Bob,

did you know that no matter how high the muzzle of a gun is from ground level, if the exact same bullet type is dropped at the muzzle to the ground at exactly the same moment a bullet is fired they both will impact at the same instant !!
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 9:34:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CactusJack:
Bob,

did you know that no matter how high the muzzle of a gun is from ground level, if the exact same bullet type is dropped at the muzzle to the ground at exactly the same moment a bullet is fired they both will impact at the same instant !!

Yes, I knew that already. Time elasped I can perhaps figure out but not distance. >gg<
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 9:35:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mr_wilson:
Sorry don't know the answer to your question, but this web site might be of some interest to you in determining the answer, www.nennstiel-ruprecht.de/bullfly/index.htm#Figures.

A worse this will BTT,
Mike

Thanks! This looks like the info I was looking for.

Now, do you have one that explains females? >gg<
Top Top