Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2014 9:20:44 AM EDT
Just got a PVS7-b with gen 3 tube, and I want to be able to use it in night shooting. I don't really know jack about what to get. I have a basic PASGT helment but it is big and clunky, and would be open to using it, or getting a new helmet if it is the best option.

I want to be able to have a a weapon or laser with day laser to sight it in.  I see some bad ass helment rigs, I would like a helmet rig I can have a light on it, a flip up mount, and frankly, I don't even know what size head I have.  All I know is I don't turn the unit on unless it is dark.  I have a number of Optics with nv mode and want to do night suppressed shooting.

Please help a total noob when it comes to NV
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want cheap to start, use your PASGT.  Get a strap on base mount for the PASGT.  They run pretty cheap on Ebay.  Then get the new Norotos titanium Rhino II.  It will click into the strap on base mount on the helmet and works with the PVS-7B bayonet style latch.  It will allow you to get the correct setting for your PVS-7 on your helmet.  I have one for my PVS-7 and really like it.  Then get the laser you want.

If you want a nicer set up, get either a Team Wendy or OpsCore helmet.  Pick the one that appeals to you.  The Norotos titanium Rhino will work with either helmet.  You can also get a Crye Precision head harness if you don't care for a helmet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
So...when shooting at night, do use the laser primarily look through the optic on NV mode? The reason I ask as if I fad just the focus for seeing the sights, I am way out of focus of the target.  I have a big learning curve ahead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top