Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 3:36:55 AM EDT
I'm trying to mount a pvs-14 in front or behind an Elcan spectre DR, and having problems finding a mounting solution. First off, I see most set ups mount the NV in front of the optic but it poses a few problems. When I look through the NV with the elcan behind it, I lose a great deal of brightness and the crosshairs are hardly visible unless lit. It also causes the red dot to be green and the elcan blocks a portion of the IR light again causing limited effectiveness. Another problem is that I would have to mount the elcan further forward on my rail, so that when I'm not using the NV it's too far away from my eye for proper FOV/eye relief. Then of course the BUIS issue, I would need a cantilever style mount to clear the BUIS and in turn would raise the height of the NV making it even harder to co-witness with the elcan. Is there a reason why you would mount the NV ahead of the optic? Or is it ok to mount the NV behind the optic so I would be looking through the elcan first, then the NV. My last issue is an actual mount that would work best for my needs... I am mounting it on my MR223 and have a lot of rail space to play with.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You might be better off posting that here:

NV Forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top