Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:28:54 PM EDT
Ihave a 870 magnum with that came with a barrel extension. I am looking for the best palce to find:

- a CAR-15 stock, or stock adapter kit (to attach a collapseable stock)

- a Knights armament top rail for the 870 (sits on the top and extends over the barrel

- a decent front mount for a 3 point tac sling

any help will be much apperciated!

thoughts & opinions welcome on products mentioned,

thanks

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:52:12 PM EDT
Best advice I can give you,

1. Go with a full-length butt stock with pistol grip.

2. Forget about optics, it's a shot gun and the bead system is very efficient, with iron sights being better for launching slugs, yet back stepping into buck shot.

3. As for a sling point, they do make sling attachment rings that will sister between the mag tube and mag extender.
As for a three point system, this would be hard since the forearm hand guard is also the pump, and a sling attached to the forearm would interfere with you pumping the action (read butt stock, forearm, tube cap). The only real solution would be to add a attachment point to the receiver behind the forarm brought all the way back, or to the barrel above the forearm.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:13:50 PM EDT

3. As for a sling point, they do make sling attachment rings that will sister between the mag tube and mag extender.
As for a three point system, this would be hard since the forearm hand guard is also the pump, and a sling attached to the forearm would interfere with you pumping the action (read butt stock, forearm, tube cap). The only real solution would be to add a attachment point to the receiver behind the forarm brought all the way back, or to the barrel above the forearm.

Specter gear makes a pretty nifty one that I've heard good things about.

Also, why a pistol grip with full buttstock as oppsoed to just buttstock?

thanks,
matt
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:54:15 PM EDT
I like the pistol grip better becuase it feels more ergonomic. Personal prefence I guess.
Top Top