Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 9:01:12 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a *really* good, professional gunsmith in the Dallas area to do a trigger job on a Kimber?  Great gun.  It works 100%, but it needs a lighter trigger.  Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

I'm also looking for ideas for a target load.  Factory or reload.  I've shot a lot of Amer. Eagle 230gr ball through it and that has not proven to be very accurate with that one.  Any other Kimber shooters prefer a particular load in their gun?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Richard the Gunsmith.  You can reach him through Big Bear Arms in Carrolton.  I believe he is also listed on their website, www.bigbeararms.com.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Kildak. Anyone else have any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Try vandenburg he is not in dallas in houston but does VERY GOOD WORK at resinoable prices.I know i took my 45 to him for  a triger job i would recomend him highly.I am in hou i can get the telphone #if you want.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks 1Hole.  I may have found someone but if it falls through, I'll ask for the number.  My friend had a custom 1911 with about a 3 pound trigger.  Maybe 2.5.  I just can't see myself shooting one with twice the pull.  Thanks again for the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top