Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2005 9:09:24 PM EDT
Having recently suffered a house fire, and many years worth of accumulated stuff having gone up in flames, I find myself again in the market for a good shotshell belt & bandolier.

The belt I had was a very stiff nylon 2" (about) wide belt with plastic "Fastex" style buckle and 25 loops. It felt stiff enough that I suspected the mfr sandwiched a piece of flat plastic between the nylon layers.

The bandolier I had was also made of suitably stiff and strong materials. I can't remember what brand they were, but they weren't anything fancy like Blackhawk, etc. I most likely picked them up at a local gunshow, as I usually did/do.

Any recommendations?

As usual, thanks in advance,
Eric
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:28:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 5:34:17 AM EDT by M4-TUNA]
Check out Cabelas Nice one Belt More There that should help ya.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:38:04 AM EDT
I have a two hanging in the trunk of my cruiser. I got them from Wal-Kart for like $4.00 each. One hold 25 slugs, the other hold 25 00Buck. At first, the other officers poked fun at them, but I asked them one day, when you exit your vehicle, how many rounds do you have? Just the 5 or 8 in the gun? Do you feel that's enough........... What if you get stuck with "tracking" with the K-9, after a few rounds all you have is a club.

They are cheap, but so far, after over 1 year, the shells are still held tightly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:37:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:
I have a two hanging in the trunk of my cruiser. I got them from Wal-Kart for like $4.00 each. One hold 25 slugs, the other hold 25 00Buck. At first, the other officers poked fun at them, but I asked them one day, when you exit your vehicle, how many rounds do you have? Just the 5 or 8 in the gun? Do you feel that's enough........... What if you get stuck with "tracking" with the K-9, after a few rounds all you have is a club.

They are cheap, but so far, after over 1 year, the shells are still held tightly.

Those are the "Allen" brand shotshell holders/belts- Walmart, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc carry them and they are around $4-$6. A real good deal for the price!

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:46:50 PM EDT
3gun gear has some good looking stuff. While personally never used it you might take a look.

Bowhunter I have 7 in the and 4 more buck and 2 slugs on the but stock. We can not use side saddles
cause of our gun locks. I am currently building a new duty 870 and it will have the same set up except it will have velcro on the receiver for Esstac's ammo card which I will keep in the door of my cruiser.
For serious shtf/manhunt I have a thigh ammo carrier. It snaps into the keyring on my duty belt. It holds 24 rounds of ammo plus 1 extra pistol mag. They also have velcro on the back so they can be used on the side or one round at a time. If i need more than that I am going for the AR.
Top Top