Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 4:47:04 PM EDT
Need it done right, but cheap.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You know how the old saying goes.......

You can have it done cheap, OR you can have it done right.....

ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

ARKAR

Any recomendations? IGF is expensive!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
That's exactly who I was going to recommend, I've heard that Jayson does great work.  I'm going to have him convert a PTR-91K to G3K specs when I get one, I've got the collapsible stock and 93 handguard ready to go on it.  Sorry that I couldn't be of any more help, maybe someone else will chime in with some suggestions.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARKAR

Mark at ARS has built something to thread the barrel without taking it off the reciever which is what cost so much money.  Try him.  By the way how much do you want to spend?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Why? Heck - The PTR-91 is hardly a light weight weapon and whacking off 3.5 inches and then go back add another 1.5 inches of flash suppressor or muzzle break is going to add? It sure won't be velocity and given the standard 18 inch barrel isn't  known as a speed king for the 308. If your looking for shorter OAL, start at the butt stock.......folding, telescoping and so on..............If you want a SBR, do the paperwork and pay the taxes and do/get the real deal.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why? Heck - The PTR-91 is hardly a light weight weapon and whacking off 3.5 inches and then go back add another 1.5 inches of flash suppressor or muzzle break is going to add? It sure won't be velocity and given the standard 18 inch barrel isn't  known as a speed king for the 308. If your looking for shorter OAL, start at the butt stock.......folding, telescoping and so on..............If you want a SBR, do the paperwork and pay the taxes and do/get the real deal.

No quite, situation is I'm moving to CT and need a trail/travel gun.  Need a compiant gun to bring into the state.  Have you ever handled an 18" PTR - NOT WELL BALLANCED.  Would like to 1)remove some weight from the front 2), use statndard HK parts also the cut down 18" looks very cool!  7.62x54 should still smoke at 15"
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No quite, situation is I'm moving to CT and need a trail/travel gun.  Need a compiant gun to bring into the state.  Have you ever handled an 18" PTR - NOT WELL BALLANCED.  

Why yes I have.........Quite often to and from the range - Here's my rig - You want balance, put some lead in the stock like the AR High Power shooters use, works for the them.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Please excuse my ignorance but who is Mark @ ARS
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARKAR

Mark at ARS has built something to thread the barrel without taking it off the reciever which is what cost so much money.  Try him.  By the way how much do you want to spend?

I could be wrong, but I believe that in order to cut the barrel to 14.5" it will need to removed from the reciever, otherwise it will become an unregisterd SBR until the flashider is permenantly attached.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top