Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2002 12:18:59 PM EDT
I've got a guy that wants to trade an SAR-8 with one factory mag and ten after-market mags for a pistol I have.

The SAR-8 is in about 95% condition.  (This rifle is a Springfield Armory clone of an H&K 91.)

Anyone have an idea of the value of the SAR-8 ?
Any opinions of whether this gun should be kept or sold ??  Is this weapon accurate and reliable ??

I just know 'nothing' about the SAR-8.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like it's the postban with aluminum receiver. Not the greek receiver but still better than all the Century and "G3" crap out there. On the upside you can mount optics without getting your receiver scratched up. Like superflash said: replace the trigger - I did!

What's the pistol and what are the ten after market mags? Thermolds or something??
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 Is this weapon accurate and reliable ??

It's a super accurate rifle - even more so if you scope it. If it's a post-ban gun with the factory muzzle brake it will be super loud too. :o)

Forgot to add that plenty of affordable NIW German hi-caps are out there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sounds like it's the postban with aluminum receiver. Not the greek receiver but still better than all the Century and "G3" crap out there. On the upside you can mount optics without getting your receiver scratched up. Like superflash said: replace the trigger - I did!

What's the pistol and what are the ten after market mags? Thermolds or something??

Yep, the aluminum receiver - not the Greek gun.
Yep, thermolds.

I tend to discount optics but this rifle does come with a Trijicon scope.  

My pistol is an STI - postban.

Mainly I wanted some comfort as to accuracy and reliability.  Probably I'm going to go on with the deal - after I sleep on it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Which model STI (condition?) and Trijicon?

I don't know if I'd want ten thermolds (I have four for variety) but that's like $150 in mags.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Which model STI (condition?) and Trijicon?

I don't know if I'd want ten thermolds (I have four for variety) but that's like $150 in mags.

Getting the info on the scope Friday.

The STI is the Hawk.  A couple of years ago I was looking for a carry-gun but turns out the Hawk was not it.  Nice pistol - about 92% with no box or manual.  I have big hands but the grip is not comfortable even with big hands.
-----------------------------------------------

What trigger did you guys change to ?????
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:58:12 AM EDT
[#6]
They're among the better HK91 clones out there.  They aren't as rough as the Federals, they aren't put together by the goofballs at Century, and you won't have to deal with the Special Weapons people.

They're reliable and accurate for HK91s.  To get into better territory, you'd probably have to get a real HK, though my familiarity with all the various HK91 clones is fading.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#7]
You folks are making me feel good about this deal. Get the trigger decent (4 - 4.5#), decent accuracy, good reliability and mags are available..................   I'm thinking I've probably done worse deals.  And the STI has been gathering dust for over a year.  I shoot only three pistols - my bed-side pistol and my two carry-guns (carry only one at the time) so the STI hasn't even been fired in well over a year.

At present, I don't have a .308 rifle to throw in a range bag and haul around in the truck for a few days.  I'm not talking about abusing but a firearm that really won't matter if a scratch should suddenly appear.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#8]
The scope turns out to be an Accupoint by Trijicon - 3X9.  Guy is not sure of the mount but the scope is mounted on the rifle.

I figure this scope must be in the $250.00 - $300.00 range (used) ??

I'm going to go on and do this deal.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a hunting scope, but if you don't mind that it's not all black should serve you well. No batteries to deal with! They go for $400-500 online new, so your valuation seems reasonable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top