Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2017 8:42:23 PM EDT
Hey all.  I am working on a project and need a AUG mag that I can ruin in the process.  I ordered one from bluegun and, although it looks correct, after a great deal of time I find that it is about 5% smaller than an actual AUG mag Does anyone here have a broken or scrap AUG mag that they don't use anymore?  If so I would love to buy it off of you.  I just hate the thought of destroying one of my good, working mags.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
44 mag.com has them for under 22.00 each. Magpul's are under 20.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Broken AUG mags?

In all seriousness, AUG mags are probably one of the toughest 5.56 magazines ever produced for any rifle. I think a sacrificial lamb is gonna be your answer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Broken AUG mags?

In all seriousness, AUG mags are probably one of the toughest 5.56 magazines ever produced for any rifle. I think a sacrificial lamb is gonna be your answer.
View Quote

Hell I'm standing by to see if anyone even HAS a broken AUG mag.  With luck, they'll post how they broke it
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hell I'm standing by to see if anyone even HAS a broken AUG mag.  With luck, they'll post how they broke it
View Quote

I have, will post more later.

I have 2 or 3 mags out of hundreds where after releasing the mag, it fell on concrete and broke the edge off the baseplate.

In at least one case it cracked the baseplate instead of breaking off, but broke off on the second fall.

Interestingly, the mags all still function 100% because the baseplate was still attached to the mag body. They're 30rd green mags from the early 80's for those wondering.

I'll see if I can find pictures or something...
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have 2 or 3 mags out of hundreds where after releasing the mag, it fell on concrete and broke the edge off the baseplate.

In at least one case it cracked the baseplate instead of breaking off, but broke off on the second fall.

Interestingly, the mags all still function 100% because the baseplate was still attached to the mag body. They're 30rd green mags from the early 80's for those wondering.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, this is what I was thinking.  If not an actual broken magazine then one that someone cracked the baseplate on or lost the follower after disassembling and couldn't find a replacement.  I only need the body not the follower or spring and could probably get by without the baseplate.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, this is what I was thinking.  If not an actual broken magazine then one that someone cracked the baseplate on or lost the follower after disassembling and couldn't find a replacement.  I only need the body not the follower or spring and could probably get by without the baseplate.  Thanks again.
View Quote

What kind of idiot loses a follower when disassembling a mag?

I'd honestly just cut up a Magpul. $18 shipped which is cheaper than buying a damaged mad and having it shipped.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What kind of idiot loses a follower when disassembling a mag?

I'd honestly just cut up a Magpul. $18 shipped which is cheaper than buying a damaged mad and having it shipped.
View Quote

I would but I need a AUG mag because I want to duplicate the original pattern
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like you are going to make a kydex mag carrier.

Either Apex or Numrich once sold AUG mag parts individually. Might try there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sounds like you are going to make a kydex mag carrier.
View Quote

Bingo! Give that man a cigar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top