BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2002 1:25:09 PM EDT
Don't know much about these FAL style rifles. It's marked:

FA 91     308 Cal
Federal Arms Corp.
D.C. Industries, Inc
00123XX

Looking for any info I can. Rifle is in Good condition, Good rifling with fake suppressor at the end. (not sure if it's detachable) Just wondering how much should I pay for it. Anyone know where I can get mags for it? Oh and is it a HK 91 clone? thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh and it's a Flat top reciever, btw.
Another thing, when looking for mags or parts should I look for metric or standard?
thanks again
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Sparsky, it's HK91 clone.  I say about 400 bucks or a little more.
  HK91 costs about 2K or more, depending on the condition.

Check:  www.hkweaponsystems.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000016

Go to www.hk91.com
 go search for 'FA 91'  for more info.  HTH
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I've got exactly what you describe. Mine is a G3 instead of a "91" model. I'm unsure what exactly the difference is.

The Federal lower is alumunim instead of stamped steel or whatever it is they make the "real" ones out of.

Trigger leaves a bit to be desired, it's kinda mushy. Groups are about 4-5" @ 100yards using mil-surp ammo. Reliability has been perfect for me, not one jam or misfeed.

Mags are easily found at gunshows.

The ONE thing I love is there's NO GD gas adjustment as on a FAL. Just load that sumbitch & shoot it!

On the downside, since I bought my AR-10 I haven't once shot my G3. Huge difference in accuracy & felt recoil using the same ammo. Of course the AR-10 costs twice as much!  >gg<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top