Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 12:47:47 PM EST
Preferably not electronic and small enough to fit in the nightstand's drawer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:12:28 PM EST
You're probably looking for something like this:

Original pistol box

This is the one I got: Auto Pistol Box I have it mounted on top of my nightstand for easier (quicker) access if the need arises.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:49:27 PM EST
For sure get one with a Simplex lock and not electronic.

Amsec, Fort Knox, and there are others. I have some awesome ones but the company is out of business.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:38:16 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By clifton:
For sure get one with a Simplex lock and not electronic.

Amsec, Fort Knox, and there are others. I have some awesome ones but the company is out of business.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:05:17 PM EST
What about V Line?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:09:03 PM EST
Yeah, that is good.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:32:29 PM EST
I love my Fort Knox with simplex lock system and craftsmanship if top notch. They are little more expensive but he steel is very heavy 10 gauge with 3/16" full wrapped over hinges door, powder coated, hydraulic strut to help open and close it. The safe holds my Ccw weapons, 5-6 sometimes depending on arrangement . It now has a 3" 1911, Two Glocks 19 and 27, wife's shield plus three of four mags for etc weapon. This is where I grabbed mine from and not sure if it's a site sponsor so I'll leave link cold so you have to copy and paste it. Cheapest place I found them at http://www.deansafe.com/ftk-pb.html?gclid=CJDEzMXdkcECFajm7AodoV8Axg

This is picture of mine with tape measure diagonal but I lay a couple pistols in bottom then layer of foam and more used pistols on top.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:44:31 PM EST
I have a safe from Fas1 Safe company based out of San Antonio. They are built like a TANK. I had a 5 week wait but communication with them with updates was excellent. Made in Texas, check them out. I looked at the Fort Knox safes as well and they are also top notch.

http://www.fas1safe.com

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:17:47 PM EST
I also have the FAS-1 safe. I have had the opportunity to compare with others like the Gunvaults and Titan. The FAS-1 has 7-gauge steel and a Simplex lock. It definitely feels heavier duty than the others I've seen. Unfortunately I don't think it will work well inside a typical nightstand drawer, unless it's a really deep drawer. I'd probably one of the Fort Knox safes because of the form factor.
Top Top