Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2009 11:41:05 AM EST
thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 11:47:30 AM EST
Try Todd at TT Shooter
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 12:18:30 PM EST
Midway used to sell Jard triggers for the 10/22. they were $160 or so a couple of years back. This is a complete trigger unit that includes a decent bolt hold open and a improved magazine latch.
With the 10/22 you remove the stock (one screw) , push out the cross pins (you know , the ones that usually fall out when you remove the stock) and remove the factory trigger assembly. Insert the Jard unit and replace the cross pins and stock.
The Jard units are decent , they are available in different weights and finish (black or silver)

I have a 1.5lb that is a bit fussy and a 2.5lb unit that has worked perfect in all three of my 10/22's

you will still have the factory unit as a back up.

I like them!
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 5:56:27 PM EST
Contact Swampfox over at Rimfirecentral.com
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 9:52:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 8:26:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 9:24:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By m23shooter:
thanks in advance.

I think I'm a simpleton here but I got a Ruger K10/22(T) and I wasn't real impressed with the trigger. was around 4.5 pounds and creepy. I popped in a Volquartsen hammer and a Volquartsen auto bolt release (took about 10 minutes) and the hammer reduced my trigger pull to a nice 2-stage at 3 lbs according to my RCBS Scale. That is just fine for me...use mine for iron sight practice at 25 yds. Sight picture matches up well with AR and FAL using Techsights.

Total cost for the auto-bolt release and hammer...$35 from www.midwayusa.com....and about 10 minutes of my time.

Of course it does piss me off that Ruger now makes the trigger housing and trigger out of FRIGGING PLASTIC....my old 10-22 was at least made out of pot-metal...Anything to save $1.50 per unit and make more money.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 1:31:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By nmmi9100:
thanks in advance.
...Of course it does piss me off that Ruger now makes the trigger housing and trigger out of FRIGGING PLASTIC....my old 10-22 was at least made out of pot-metal...Anything to save $1.50 per unit and make more money.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Or raise the price to a prohibitive level. Everyone wants costs to stay down but doesn't want any changes in the product. I have a polymer trigger group in my Charger and it works as well as the three metal groups in my rifles. On the other hand, I guess it is better to be "pissed off" than "pissed on".
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 3:34:33 AM EST
I went the cheap route,too.

hammer,spring and shim kit.

really cleaned it up.

clown
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 5:35:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By wetidlerjr:

thanks in advance.
...Of course it does piss me off that Ruger now makes the trigger housing and trigger out of FRIGGING PLASTIC....my old 10-22 was at least made out of pot-metal...Anything to save $1.50 per unit and make more money.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Or raise the price to a prohibitive level. Everyone wants costs to stay down but doesn't want any changes in the product. I have a polymer trigger group in my Charger and it works as well as the three metal groups in my rifles. On the other hand, I guess it is better to be "pissed off" than "pissed on".

I bet that $3-5.00 difference in cast aluminum versus injection molded plastic would really break Ruger in the long run. Mine works fine. The trigger group just wiggles in the stock. And I didn't buy the bone-stock 10/22....this is in a stainless T-model that cost $420. Should have an aluminum fire control group like my circa 1997 standard 10/22.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 6:32:10 AM EST

thanks in advance.

-David
Edgewood, NM

I bet that $3-5.00 difference in cast aluminum versus injection molded plastic would really break Ruger in the long run. Mine works fine. The trigger group just wiggles in the stock. And I didn't buy the bone-stock 10/22....this is in a stainless T-model that cost $420. Should have an aluminum fire control group like my circa 1997 standard 10/22.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Fine with me ! ...and they would have raised the price $50. You ARE NOT going to get it both ways.

not Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 12:11:26 PM EST

thanks in advance.

-David
Edgewood, NM

-David
Edgewood, NM

Fine with me ! ...and they would have raised the price $50. You ARE NOT going to get it both ways.

I've got no problem spending money for quality. I do all the time with my other guns. Unfortunately, Ruger doesn't offer a quality metal trigger housing anymore. One has to got to Volquartsen or someone else to get a decent housing.

By the way, this has GONE WAY OFF TOPIC...so you might back off of your factory Ruger defense...Guy wants a better trigger...I suggest a Volquartsen hammer. Adding that one part cleaned up my trigger pull from 4.5 lbs to 3 lbs and smoothed it up quite a bit.

-David
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 1:25:32 PM EST

thanks in advance.

-David
Edgewood, NM

-David
Edgewood, NM

By the way, this has GONE WAY OFF TOPIC...so you might back off of your factory Ruger defense...
-David

It's not a "defense" as I don't care whether you (or anyone) buys anything from Ruger and it is on topic as I was commenting on RUGER trigger groups so I'll pass on your "back off" orders. Thanks for caring, though.
(Sorry but I didn't notice you being a "Moderator". )
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 1:56:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2009 4:30:56 PM EST by The_Beer_Slayer]
knock it off....... tbs
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 2:15:09 PM EST
i took a flat file and filled down the sear lock on the hammer
took about 10 or 15 minutes and helped ALOT
my 10/22 is about 30 years old and stock it had to be about a 9 or 10 pound pull
dont know if the newer ones have a better or worse trigger
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:43:55 AM EST
send your barrelled receiver to: http://www.ct-precision.com/

and let Randy work his magic. My Ruger Race Rifle shoots one hole, 0.3" groups at 50 yards after a trip to CPC.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:11:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By feersumdreadnot:

and let Randy work his magic. My Ruger Race Rifle shoots one hole, 0.3" groups at 50 yards after a trip to CPC.

Did you read the topic?

-David
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 4:31:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 5:10:23 PM EST
I sent mine to Bill Springfield. Very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:46:08 AM EST

Did you read the topic?

-David

CPC does first rate trigger jobs too.

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 11:07:58 AM EST

Did you read the topic?

-David

yes - did you check the website? Randy does excellent trigger work, and I figured the OP might want to go for the full monty...
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 12:55:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/5/2009 12:57:06 PM EST by nmmi9100]
fearsomedreadnot:

You posted totally unrelated to the OP's question. If you intended to suggest that he use your supplier's services, you might have said:

"CPC does great trigger work. They also do other accurizing work and I've had excellent experience with that as well. Here's the website..."

What you did post was well off topic, about sending in a barrelled action...which is not at all related to a TRIGGER QUESTION.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 1:03:19 PM EST
It isn't hard to do yourself. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=275758

Go to this link

Do a trigger job on the stock fire control group. I just got done doing it to 3 rifles.

Disassembly of 10/22 FCG

Areas to be polished on the 10/22 fire control group

Hammer engagement modification

On two of my rifles I polished the fire control groups and replaced the hammer with a Power Custom hammer which is recommended at Rimfire Central. On the last rifle I just polished the areas on the stock FCG using the pictures in the link above. I can't tell them apart but all three fire control groups are improved.

By doing the polishing on the stock setup the cost is $0.00. I used a dremel with a rubber abrasive wheel and then finished off with a cotton wheel and rubbing compound followed by polishing compound. Took me about a half and hour. For the trigger plunger as shown on the pictures in the link above, I chocked the plunger in my drill press, turned it on and contoured the pin with a file as it spun. Then smoothed it out by switching to some fine abrasive paper and then a bit of rubbing compound on a rag. Guy who did the tutorial charges $90.00 to do it for you but you can save the cash and do it yourself.

Or get this and find an online $10.00 off coupon

Link Posted: 6/6/2009 5:45:01 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:00:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:18:14 AM EST
Randy @ CPC did an entire action job (recession tune-up special) on my 10/22

I highly recommend his work.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:08:52 PM EST
agreed - Randy is the man. 10 shots, 50 yards - as advertised.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/brt1963/IMGP1178.jpg
Top Top