Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2002 3:01:20 PM EDT
Just received an uper half that I won on ebay item #18255281423.Heading on Page said AR 15 M16 Upper Complete 20" Barrel
Description:
AR15/M 16 Complete Upper Assembly .223

Colt USGI Ready to attatch to your lower Receiver
Brand new removed from an Olympic Lower...Includes upper receiver, charging handle,assembled to barrel by factory, this is not a home made put together, sight parts are complete,forward assist is installed, upper is marked with Colt stampings, heavey barrel 20" 1/7 compensator on barrellprovides superior follow up,
I get the upper and it  has no bolt/carrier assembly. In you opinion was I mislead?? Please let me know.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
No, usually if the bolt and carrier are included it says so---It's considered extra --even if it states complete upper. (from my experiences).  He should have mentioned it though---IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
depends on what you spent for it....
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
as you now know the bolt must be specified with the upper to be a "completer upper".

so accept it as a lessen learned and buy a bolt and have it head spaced..
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
the description said  complete upper ready to put on your lower..All other ads for uppers either do not say complete. or specify no bolt and carrier. Colt Post Ban 20"
$291.00 total??
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree that probably was intentionallly misleading. My understanding of "complete" would include the bolt & carrier. But you don't have much of a leg to stand on since he listed what was included.

A variation of the "I never said..." scam. Or maybe the guy's just dumb & careless. You can't be sure; that's why it's a good scam.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:37:07 AM EDT
[#7]

in any event you’re stuck with an upper, no bolt and no recourse.  so buy a bolt at a gun show and chalk it up to a lessen learned.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:08:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the description said  complete upper ready to put on your lower..All other ads for uppers either do not say complete. or specify no bolt and carrier. Colt Post Ban 20"
$291.00 total??

The description was a bit misleading, but like 308wood said

so accept it as a lessen learned and buy a bolt and have it head spaced..

Get a BCG for $90-$100, and you still get a good deal on a new "complete" upper for under $400.

I'll take it if you don't want it, if it is an A2.

223REM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top