Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/20/2011 10:09:29 PM EDT
I just ordered a Savage MKII FV-SR. My last 22 was a Ruger 10/22. Good gun, but not exactly a tackdriver. I'm trying to find a decent scope and rings for around $200 total. anyone have any ideas? I was looking around SWFA's site and the Nikon Prostaff 3-9x, Weaver 2.5-7x Rimfire scope, and the Redfield 2-7x and 3-9x's have peaked my interest. I have very little experience with magnified optics so any help would be appreciated.

My needs are basically paper punching and maybe some squirrel hunting. I'll be using the gun to get novice shooters into shooting and enjoying some range time myself.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 10:27:04 PM EDT
those 2-7s seem to get good reviews.

then there's the Mueller APV, or the APT if you want target knobs.

TPS aluminum scope rings seem like a good value, not cheap, but not outrageous.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:52:40 AM EDT
Simmons Whitetail classic mil-dot

I really like this scope. Very good value for the $, very clear. Focuses to under 10 meters.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:43:00 AM EDT
The Mueller 3-9 Hybrid seems to be like the others I'm considering. That Simmons looks like a good scope, but its well over double the weight of some of the others and I want to keep this as trim as possible.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:56:38 AM EDT
Midway's black friday (whole week!) sale includes a few different scopes that all seem to have really good reviews. I'll probably pick one up later this week to put on my 10/22 that I don't even have yet

http://www.midwayusa.com/general.mvc/index/blackfridayweek
Top Top