Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2002 5:50:37 PM EDT
I have 5 post-86 former Colt SMG lowers that will soon be stripped and sent off, along with the complete uppers, in trade for new weapons.

I also have several surplus early model M16 Uppers (sans carriers and bolts) that came with buttstocks, pistol grips and most of the M16 fire control parts.

I have decided to rebuild these into functioning M16s (all NFA rules apply) for issue to officers in my Department (waste not, want not).

I recently attended a Colt M16 Armorer's course, and here is what I figure that I need to complete my task:
Autosears
Receiver extensions
Buffer assemblys and springs
Buffer retaining pins and springs
Magazine release, button and springs
Bolt catch and springs
Complete bolt carriers and charging handles
Lots of those nasty little roll pins

I have already done some hunting around the internet for parts sets. Budgets are an issue, so most of the options seem a little expensive. Does anyone have any good sources for Milspec parts of these varieties?
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The only specifically M16 parts on your list are the auto sears and bolt carriers.  Best price I've seen on the sears lately is from Tapco. $9.99 for the sears, and $1.99 for the sear pins.  Bolt carriers, I'd check around. Tapco's $129.99 I think is a little high, tho they might cut you a deal on a quantity.

For the other pieces, I'd check the web sites of the major suppliers/manufacturers;  Rock River, Bushmaster, DPMS, etc.  Again, since you're going to need a quantity of ech part, I'd give em a call to check on quantity pricing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#2]
for M16 stuff contact: www.sawlesales.com/
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#3]

We would be glad to help your PD out with better than normal pricing/support.

Sincerely,
Mark Buda
Triple Break Products
[email protected]
http://www.TripleBreakProducts.com
(603) 424-0923
FAX: (603) 429-0479
To be added to our mailing list, please ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top