Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/4/2002 6:03:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2002 6:04:24 PM EDT by dave223]
I am so confused .......I have an "out of the box" Norinco SKS with bayo lug (Bayo...not attached). Can I use a detachable 30 round mag or not (legally?)
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:16:56 PM EDT
I recently bought a chinese paratrooper with the bayo in the box and wanted to know the legalities. Import AW laws are a really grey area. The best I can tell, a preban means import date... not mfg. date. Most SKS were imported after the ban. You cannot have a deatachable mag with a bayonet but I am really still unclear about just the lug.

www.simonov.net has probably the best breakdown I have seen regarding import laws. They even have some ATF letters on the site. However, they even state that the law is pretty grey. I do know that if you intend to mod the gun in any way, it is considered a remanufacture and by law cannot have more than 11 imported parts. I immediately replaced my trigger group and that seems to cover the legality of the ATI stock I put on it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:32:40 PM EDT
im pretty sure 922(r) makes the 30 rdr a no no reguardless of the bayolug, unless its pre 1989, but im sure it isnt. i had a 30 rdr in my post 89 SKS, so what, didnt work anyway
Top Top