Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 8:17:50 PM EDT by Hk_Kommando]
I have a Speed-feed Tactical buttstock for a Mossberg 500/590. I have a Mossberg 500 cruiser with Pistol Grip that needs a buttstock. Perfect marriage you say? Me too, until I ran into a little problem.....

The pistol grip sits back too far from the trigger assembly, and it feels VERY awkward. I've checked and yes, it is meant for the Mossberg.....is the 590 trigger assy further to the rear of the receiver?

Here's how the Speedfeed looks on a Remington (how it's supposed to fit)...

here's the Mossberg pistol grip as it came. see how it sits nearly flush with trigger assy...

It obviously doesn't fit the Mossberg, although it is clearly the Mossberg model Speedfeed.

Any suggestions, thoughts, Ideas?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:57:40 PM EDT
SOMETHING ain't kosher.
The Mossberg 590's are just an upgraded 500 and the trigger groups are positioned in the same place.

Either somebody screwed up and that's the WRONG stock, or Speedfeed needs some design help.

I'd be tempted to think the stock was mis-labeled.

Have you contacted Speedfeed for advice?
I'd send them that picture, and ask if that's how it should fit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:03:27 PM EDT
I contacted the Police Supply company who sold it to me. I did indeed send them these exact pics. I'm currently waiting for a reply.

No way I'm gonna believe it's "supposed" to be like this, lol.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:55:50 AM EDT
That stock fits the same on 590's,.. I also thought that this would be a perfect stock for my 20" 590.
I was also upset with the pisspoor fit. I belive its a matter of speedfeed taking an existing stock(870) and making it fit the mossberg's. Excellent design, piss poor shortcut IMHO........Udog
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:46:40 AM EDT
That's what I was afraid of. I'm sure someone will be happy with the stock....however, I'm just not comfortable with the fit.

I've seen other aftermarket stocks that fit this way on the Mossy as well....

closer view...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:20:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 7:20:40 AM EDT by Hk_Kommando]
I contacted Speedfeed, and they said that indeed this is the way it's supposed to fit.

However! They said if I don't like it they will exchange it for the model without the pistol grip, or for a pg model for my 870!

Now THAT is customer service!!!
Top Top