Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 4:07:53 PM EDT
I just came across a great deal on an old Ruger Security Six this afternoon. The gun's finish was worn as it had been carried a great deal but it was in excellent mechanical condition and shoots well. The only problem is that the factory wood grips are so tiny that the gun is really uncomfortable to shoot. Is there an aftermarket grip (preferably rubber) that will fit this gun that's bigger? I know there are tons of choices for S&W revolvers but I have little experience with Ruger revolvers. Any advice?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:13:07 PM EDT

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:15:08 PM EDT
or ..both under $10
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:45:46 PM EDT
The Hogue rubber-fingergroove grip went on my 'snubbie' Security-Six and feels/functions very well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:25:53 PM EDT
Ruger first introduced the Security Six with a slender grip and grip frame, which was unpopular.  They then modified the frame a bit and added slightly different grips.

If your Security Six serial number starts with a 150, it’s one of the earlier ones.  You’re going to find it very difficult to find replacements.  Your best bet, other than custom made grips, might be just to add a Tyler Grip Adapter.

If your Security Six serial number starts with a 151 or higher, grips should be pretty easy to find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top