Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2002 3:56:08 PM EDT
I am modeling the barrel and chamber of an AR-15 for some stress/thermo analysis in one of my college classes.  I need the dimensions for one so I can model it accurately.  Specifically, I am looking for the 5.56 chamber dimensions.  If anyone has a drawing they can email/post or a link to an online source, I would be very appreciative.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Forgot to mention, I need it rather soon, by Wednesday if possible.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
check out SAAMI's website www.saami.org.

they might have something.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I checked, with no luck.  Thanks, though.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
That helps a lot!  The only thing it was missing was length dimensions, but I might be able to fudge those by measuring a 5.56 cartridge.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Ammunition 5.56 x 45 - SS109
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I meant the lengths of the individual parts of the cartridge, not just the overall length (45mm).  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
You need to find a reloading manual - borrow one, or get one at a library.  You might be able to ind a manual a gunshop that you can copy the dimensions from.

Idealizing a cow as a sphere ...
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Idealizing a cow as a sphere ...

oh, god, what horrible memories that brings back.  my environmental chem prof told us to figure the cow as five (or six if you want to do the head separately) cylinders:  one for the body, and four for each appendage.  yuck.  i hated that class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top