Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2001 8:18:59 AM EDT
First let me begin by saying that I am a new AR-15 owner and have had some experiance with magazines that I purchased new that would not feed. From lurking on this sight for more than a month I came to the conclusion that some mags are better than others..To my question..I entered into a deal with a member here to purchase some Sanchez mags which I am currently using and work fine in my Bushy.(paul if you read this, it is not mistrust just caution on my part)I was notified this morning that they are not indeed Sanchez but are manufactured by Center. These are 30 round mags and I have no experiance with Center. Any suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Center, Sanchez, Adventureline, Colt - ANY U.S.G.I. should work fine. I have never had a problem with any U.S.G.I. magazine. I have been told to watch out for "Cooper" but I have ONE and it works fine for me in my rifle. I would stay away from any of the "after-market" mags such as "U.S.A." These are not U.S.G.I. and are basically junk. IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm asking a Magazine question here??  All of this is covered in the Magazine FAQ in the magazine forum.

Do you also go to coffee shops and ask for medical advice? <G>
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Centers are great!
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Center, Sanchez, Adventureline, Colt - ANY U.S.G.I. should work fine. I have never had a problem with any U.S.G.I. magazine. I have been told to watch out for "Cooper" but I have ONE and it works fine for me in my rifle. I would stay away from any of the "after-market" mags such as "U.S.A." These are not U.S.G.I. and are basically junk. IMHO.

In addition to USGI mag makers Makarov lists, you would also be ok with Parsons, Simmonds, and Okay mags (IMHO),

Cloak-
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmm asking a Magazine question here??  All of this is covered in the Magazine FAQ in the magazine forum.

Have I violated some double secret unwritten rule by posting a question that I need a quick answer to on a board that gets 10X the traffic?

Edited to say thanks for the helpful posts, much appreciated..JR
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I would take Center mags over Sanchez mags anyday!  The only USGI mags that I had problems with were Sanchez.....

Now, USA and steel mags are something that you really don't want.  Most USGI mags are fine and I only had two Sanchez mags that caused me problems.....  I no longer have either of them.... but I do have a few other Sanchez mags in my collection that have never caused a problem.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Have I violated some double secret unwritten rule by posting a question that I need a quick answer to on a board that gets 10X the traffic?

No rule, but 10x the traffic with 300x the noise.  Lots of people post in the general forums who don't have ARs and a few who don't have any firearms.  Why not post in a forum where you will get fewer answers.  But they will be correct.  Besides the Magazine FAQ that is there that would have answered the question in less time that it took you to write this thread (and you would have to keep going back and check it).  That would reduce the overall traffic on the board and reduce the use of space on the server.

Hmmm Answer would be correct, it would be quicker, and you use less resources of the site.... What am I missing here.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No rule, but 10x the traffic with 300x the noise.  Lots of people post in the general forums who don't have ARs and a few who don't have any firearms.  Why not post in a forum where you will get fewer answers.  But they will be correct.  Besides the Magazine FAQ that is there that would have answered the question in less time that it took you to write this thread (and you would have to keep going back and check it).  That would reduce the overall traffic on the board and reduce the use of space on the server.

Hmmm Answer would be correct, it would be quicker, and you use less resources of the site.... What am I missing here.

The only noise in this thread is you telling AR JR to post his question somewhere else, and me pointing this out to you.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As stated, they are a NEW AR owner. As such they probably don't know their way around the site here as well as you do, and you should help them out without getting all snippy about it.Remember, salty dog, when you were new here?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#11]
hey You guys forgot "Okay"
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As stated, they are a NEW AR owner. As such they probably don't know their way around the site here as well as you do, and you should help them out without getting all snippy about it.Remember, salty dog, when you were new here?

I remember getting flamed for calling it a Muzzle Break.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top