Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2015 5:49:10 PM EDT
Mine broke.

I am now four weeks into waiting for Bob's Guns out of Royal, AR for parts to materialize.

His ordering system would be called archaic, but that is an insult to the state of the art techniques used by Amish to transport goods.

His "confirmation" screen said to allow two weeks for delivery, and I did wait that long before contacting him.

It took a week of back and forth emails to get to the point of confirming my card had not been charged.

His wife called and got my information and now it's been another week without parts.

I am considering whittling a new firing pin out of a nail using an emory board because I think it will be faster!

It's constantly amazing to me how difficult putting small parts into an envelope, sealing it, affixing a stamp to it, writing an address on the envelope and putting it in the mailbox is for some people.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've ordered from them before (twice) and had no issues at all. I figured they were GTG.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used Bob's for thirty years with zero problems.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't know a company by how they handle things going right.

It's how they handle things going wrong.

It's amazing that things go right for as many people as it seems it does with how he does things.

I know that in the future it's a lot faster to mail him a printed order form and a money order than to try my luck with the online version of the form.

The parts have finally arrived, but he didn't put any special hurry on them.  That rankles me because I'd patiently waited two weeks before asking nicely after my order.  His tone was that he was in a big hurry to confirm payment or not, but in no special rush once the order had been reapplied.  The customer shouldn't be the only one going out of their way to fix things when it's the seller's problem.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You don't know a company by how they handle things going right.

It's how they handle things going wrong.

It's amazing that things go right for as many people as it seems it does with how he does things.

View Quote

That may be but as long as I get my parts in a timely fashion the way I have been Bob's is GTG.

BTW....I called my orders in. I had my parts in a few days.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to add here, the parts are beautiful!  Top shelf on the quality.

I've learned my lesson about his web-order form.

Phone or mail from now on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You don't know a company by how they handle things going right....
View Quote

In thirty years, yours is the first complaint I've ever read about Bob's Gun Parts.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#7]

In 1985 you ordered online?

His methods of doing business are indeed, state of the art for 1985.

I won't even grouse that he charges $5 for $2.04 of postage, a padded envelope and a zip lock baggie.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I won't even grouse that he charges $5 for $2.04 of postage, a padded envelope and a zip lock baggie.
View Quote

Time is money.

Go hunt the parts, package, attach shipping label, etc.. Pay yourself or someone else to do it. It's called a handling charge.

$5.00 shipping for most anything from a specialty retail vendor is the "deal of the day".....I'd not grouse either.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I would just go someplace else. I have zero tolerance for poor business practice or attitude.

Based on the website I think this place is set up for phone orders. Their web site is very 1995.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've ordered mail order, over the phone and via the internet.
Since 1995 every transaction has been via internet.....that's when I bought my first computer.

For fucks sake.......have you ever run a business?
Time/padded envelopes/zip lock baggies ain't free buddy. Bitching about a $5 shipping charge means you either don't buy parts very often or you never bought anything from Brownells or Midway.

I'll take Bob's business methods over the scum sucking Midway any day of the week.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.jackfirstgun.com/

I ordered a firing pin from these guys for my Super B. I called them around noon time Central. My card was charged the same day, and they shipped it the same day (or so they said). Cost was $18 + $10 shipped.

Their parts are reproduction, which hopefully is a good thing since I read multiple reports online of users having broken pins from the brittle steel used by Star.

During the course of my discussion over the phone, they told have them in stock for the regular B's as well. The differences are in diameter: the Super B's firing pin is 0.162" and the standard B's firing pin is 0.193".

I will let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.jackfirstgun.com/

I ordered a firing pin from these guys for my Super B. I called them around noon time Central. My card was charged the same day, and they shipped it the same day (or so they said). Cost was $18 + $10 shipped.

Their parts are reproduction, which hopefully is a good thing since I read multiple reports online of users having broken pins from the brittle steel used by Star.

During the course of my discussion over the phone, they told have them in stock for the regular B's as well. The differences are in diameter: the Super B's firing pin is 0.162" and the standard B's firing pin is 0.193".

I will let you know how it goes.
View Quote

Jack First is AAAA++++
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top