Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 4:53:31 PM EDT
Picked up a Nato stock for my A3. Took it out yesterday and tried it out with
some Pmags. Worked great, no problems. Don't have to worry about grabbing
the right mag carrier now, works with the A3 or the AR.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]

FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE, ALREADY.  STEYR, PUT A BOLT RELEASE ONT THE NATO STOCK.

Whew.  I'm tired now.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Took my NATO stocked AUG out today...along with my Kel-Tec PLR16...and my LWRC AR15.  It was nice to use pmags in all of them...and only one of them an AR.  Gotta love uniformity.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish Steyr would make a left hand eject NATO stock, if MSAR can do it they have no excuse.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish Steyr would make a left hand eject NATO stock, if MSAR can do it they have no excuse.
View Quote

Not enough volume orders to justify the mold changes would be my guess.

I'm wondering how many NATO stocks they've sold. I haven't seen pics of militaries that issue the AUG using the NATO stock.

AJ
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm wondering how many NATO stocks they've sold. I haven't seen pics of militaries that issue the AUG using the NATO stock.

AJ
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AJ

They recently made 500 OD green Full auto NATO stocks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
KS Diesel

Send me your stock I will give you a left hand ejection port.

Kent Luttrell
TPDUSA
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would you mind if I asked where you got it and how much?  Is it possible to get a pic of the left side of the stock where the bolt release would normally be?

Regards
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Purchased it here on the EE.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Apparently Steyr redid the Nato stock for their new A3 CL which has the ability for left hand ejection. However no bolt release.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
KS Diesel

Kent Luttrell
TPDUSA
View Quote

I appreciate the offer Kent, soon as I get a NATO stock I'll take you up on that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Apparently Steyr redid the Nato stock for their new A3 CL which has the ability for left hand ejection. However no bolt release.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/maleantemalandro/Untitled_zpsc854bcb4.jpg
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe because I haven't had an AUG with a bolt release, the thought of it being a problem hasn't occurred to me.  I'm right handed and don't mind using the charging handle.  Going to the Manticore Switchback might have made this more appealing to me...hated that OEM handle.  I have 3 AR's and none of them are ambi, so I have to move my left hand anyway to tap the bolt release from last round bolt-hold-open.  While that's easier than manipulating the charging handle, I haven't really been put off by the lack of a similar AR release.  People are different, however, and I certainly wouldn't shun a bolt release button.  Now when I have the bolt held open by the charging handle hold-open function, it's no harder and maybe even easier to just tap the Switchback to get into battery.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I appreciate the offer Kent, soon as I get a NATO stock I'll take you up on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KS Diesel

Kent Luttrell
TPDUSA

You bet!  
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Who has NATO stocks for sale?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Do a search or google. I looked around for a couple of weeks. Did a search here and found an old ad for
a nato stock and some parts. Sent the guy an email and he still had them. We agreed on a price and I
purchased them.

It surprised me, fits my Aug perfect, but will not lock onto my MSAR. The regular stock from my Aug locks
onto my MSAR perfect. If I had an extra lock, I don't think believe it would take much to make the nato stock
fit my MSAR.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Looking at the above pic ^^, does the AUG A3 have back up sights built into the rail? The pic makes it appear that way.

Regards
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looking at the above pic ^^, does the AUG A3 have back up sights built into the rail? The pic makes it appear that way.

Regards
View Quote

Looks like it.. It would be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#18]
My A3 has the long rail, no sights. I would post a pic, but my camera is not working.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do a search or google. I looked around for a couple of weeks. Did a search here and found an old ad for
a nato stock and some parts. Sent the guy an email and he still had them. We agreed on a price and I
purchased them.

It surprised me, fits my Aug perfect, but will not lock onto my MSAR. The regular stock from my Aug locks
onto my MSAR perfect. If I had an extra lock, I don't think believe it would take much to make the nato stock
fit my MSAR.
View Quote

My msar came with both stg and nato stocks so I'll need to dig it out and see if it fits.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Tried it-negatory. Crap.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Regards
View Quote

NO
The USA made/imported A3 does not have backup sights on/in the rail.

The above pic is not a standard US A3 AUG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top