Posted: 1/24/2009 2:47:57 PM EDT
she has the brown "plastic"upper handguards

with a 5 million serial number

thats about all I can think of, i'll post some pics asap

I know nothing about it, anyting you can tell me or ask me will be appreciated
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Not real GI.

Postwar 1960's made cast recvr with GI parts for the most rest. Composite handguard is for a plastic " drill rifle"  stock set .

Not worth anything collector wise.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
here are some pics....

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not real GI.

Postwar 1960's made cast recvr with GI parts for the most rest. Composite handguard is for a plastic " drill rifle"  stock set .

damn, i wanted a n 03 for about 17 years now and I fianlly get one and its a fake!!!!! I am so dissapointed
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
check headspace before you try firing it. Seen several that were way out of spec.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My pal bought one thinking it was a genuine GI A3!

Kind of got rooked on that as he could have bought a Remington or Smith Corona for the same bucks.

They also lack a clip-loading slot in the funky cast receiver.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Some guys who have them say they are good shooters.  You can replace that plastic crap with a wood repro.  

If you just want a shooter and did not pay the same as a GI '03, then no harm done.  Check headspace and go try it out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not real GI.

damn, i wanted a n 03 for about 17 years now and I fianlly get one and its a fake!!!!! I am so dissapointed

Shoot the heck out it until you find a real one. I had a Nat'l Ord carbine that shot like a champ. I sold it for twice what I paid for it when I finally got a USGI.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shoot the heck out it until you find a real one. I had a Nat'l Ord carbine that shot like a champ. I sold it for twice what I paid for it when I finally got a USGI.

+1

My uncle recently picked one up for $125 at a yard sale thinking he had a GI rifle at first. It headspaced fine and is a good shooter.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#9]
As has been pointed out it's a 60's part gun. But if it's safe to shoot and functions well (I have a Santa Fe receivered 03a3 [same thing - different company] that won't feed reliably from the left side of a full magazine. Download 1 and it works great) you have a great basis for an 03A4 conversion. That's what I have in plan for mine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#10]
My NO 1903A3 is an excellent shooter. In fact, it outshoots my other 2 Remington 1903A3s. My only complaint - can't use stripper clip with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top