Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 12:40:31 PM EDT
Worth the money? Anybody worked the trigger for a better pull?

So many choices for my first C&R purchase, so few numbers on the paycheck...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine, just because it is so different… Right now I have a piece of hard plastic between the forward frame and the trigger return spring.

That with some stone work has brought it down to a smooth release but still about 6 pounds. (guessing, no scale)

Initial range test (before massive cleaning and trigger work) was 25 yard groups around 5". Oddly it was same for single action as well as double action.

Barrel is badly pitted and I haven't had a chance to shoot since trigger work & cleaning.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are looking for a pistol to shoot a great deal, the nagant is not likely your cup of tea.  The trigger can be crappy and the ammo is expensive.  If you can find one cheap enough, say $70, then you might want to get one to hold on to.  They will dry up someday.

Most of these were roughly put together and the operate like a rough pistol.  They are durable as all get out, though.

It all depends on what you hope to get out of the pistol.

I have two, myself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Worth the money? Anybody worked the trigger for a better pull?

So many choices for my first C&R purchase, so few numbers on the paycheck...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are a cool collectible. I haven't fired mine yet . If you are on a budget I would recomend the CZ-52 . A little bit more up front , but ammo is cheaper and more readily available.

edit, I'd buy one to keep/collect but you won't want to shoot it a lot.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you are looking for a pistol to shoot a great deal, the nagant is not likely your cup of tea.  The trigger can be crappy and the ammo is expensive.  If you can find one cheap enough, say $70, then you might want to get one to hold on to.  They will dry up someday.

Most of these were roughly put together and the operate like a rough pistol.  They are durable as all get out, though.

It all depends on what you hope to get out of the pistol.

I have two, myself.

There's at least one place that has them for under $80 (not sure if there's a better deal with the C&R license) and I have a .32 ACP cylinder (knew I'd be getting an M1895 one day...)

I'm not looking for a target piece, but I prefer that any gun I buy be functional.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top