Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 145
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:37:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MBaylor9] [#2]
Here are a few of my ballistic and ops core bump helmets and a Protec military bump helmet

Link Posted: 3/29/2018 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
New go pro adapter is pretty bad ass. #itsnottnvc

https://vgy.me/ZF1mTR.jpg
View Quote
#Wellthenwhatisit
#isithomemade
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 6:45:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#4]
Nice setups.. what brand is the ballistic in the first pic and the one with the MC cover last pic?
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 4DoorEKk:

#Wellthenwhatisit
#isithomemade
View Quote
THis.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 3:12:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Unity by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 12:45:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MBaylor9] [#7]
The first pic is a RBR F6
The last pic with the MC cover is a Amour Source

Some people think the RBR isnt as good as alot of other helmets but they don't know it's is one of,the lightest helmets and it's protection level is well above mil spec standards and it's one of the few helmets to be tested by the testing people who the military goes by. (I forget the name of testing that is considered to be like the word of God when it comes to ballistic testing. In,sure someone here will help me out with it)
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:28:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bearcat24] [#8]
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/884/39300615690_48fdd041b9_o.jpgUnity by J M, on Flickr
View Quote
Looks like one bad ass mother fucker. Is that a strobe light on the top of the helmet?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice set up. Your username reminds me of RT 44 back home “The Jerry West Highway”.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bearcat24:

Looks like one bad ass mother fucker. Is that a strobe light on the top of the helmet?
View Quote
Yes it is. VIP. I have one. They are gtg.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MBaylor9:
The first pic is a RBR F6
The last pic with the MC cover is a Amour Source

Some people think the RBR isnt as good as alot of other helmets but they don't know it's is one of,the lightest helmets and it's protection level is well above mil spec standards and it's one of the few helmets to be tested by the testing people who the military goes by. (I forget the name of testing that is considered to be like the word of God when it comes to ballistic testing. In,sure someone here will help me out with it)
View Quote
National Institute of Justice NIJ
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FullAutoHound:

View Quote
What is the purpose of a strobe light on you helmet? I don’t own a helmet and just purchased my first thermal scope, PTS233. I have strobe flashlights and know the purpose of those but am assuming it’s to strobe 360 degrees in the event your by your self and surrounded. Still, bad ass photo. So looking at your helmet, how much do you have invested in that setup? Appreciate any information but you don’t have to give that out if you don’t want to. Not sure I want to get into such a setup. After a career in the military, swore I wouldn’t were a helmet again.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Its a safety thing, its dark out, hard to keep track of where your buddies are. Strobes are pretty good at letting you know where your buddies are.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#14]
What is the purpose of a strobe light on you helmet? I don't own a helmet and just purchased my first thermal scope, PTS233. I have strobe flashlights and know the purpose of those but am assuming it's to strobe 360 degrees in the event your by your self and surrounded. Still, bad ass photo. So looking at your helmet, how much do you have invested in that setup? Appreciate any information but you don't have to give that out if you don't want to. Not sure I want to get into such a setup. After a career in the military, swore I wouldn't were a helmet again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What is the purpose of a strobe light on you helmet? I don't own a helmet and just purchased my first thermal scope, PTS233. I have strobe flashlights and know the purpose of those but am assuming it's to strobe 360 degrees in the event your by your self and surrounded. Still, bad ass photo. So looking at your helmet, how much do you have invested in that setup? Appreciate any information but you don't have to give that out if you don't want to. Not sure I want to get into such a setup. After a career in the military, swore I wouldn't were a helmet again.
The VIP strobe is an IR strobe, so your friends can see you easily with their NV.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Glockie-Talkie:
The VIP strobe is an IR strobe, so your friends can see you easily with their NV.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glockie-Talkie:

If I had to guess I would say 12 grand.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Whats the go to ballistic helmet for the average civilian? I'd like to start gathering the necessary items for when I save up the $$$ for a single tube PVS14 WP unit.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#18]
a surplus ACH is a good starter option. Plenty of upgrades out there for rails, mounts, straps and pads.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for all the replies to educate me on the strobe light. That is one expensive setup.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#20]

National Institute of Justice NIJ
View Quote
That was definitely one of them that I couldn't remember the name of butt there's another one that is considered the best and they are a independent company so they don't have to report to the military or whoever submits items for testing so they are very non-biased they just do the testing and you know you're getting true numbers from them.

The company is called HP White Laboratories and like I said they are a independent company so they don't report to anyone and they are considered the best. Actually when you are buying a ballistic helmet that's one of the things you want to see is that the company submitted their helmets to HP white for testing. And actually a lot of companies do not submit their helmets 2 Hp White and I usually stay away from them unless they are a known company with excellent results but you're always going to be better off if you buy a helmet from a company who sent there ballistic material to HP white for testing. Here's a link to their website in case anyone's interestedClick here 4 HP White Website
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MBaylor9] [#21]
My newest build that I just finished this week. It's a survival armor and it's considered a high cut but it's also sort of a mid cut. It's actually one of my very favorite helmets out of all the ones I've built and I have built quite a few of them. The original helmet liner and chin strap are junk so I switch them with a epic memory foam liner and a four-point headlock X nape chin strap and that combination in my opinion is the best liner and chin strap made and the most comfortable.

Link Posted: 4/5/2018 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4651/25738384207_b736a677ec_k.jpgNODS by J M, on Flickr
View Quote
Kind of reminds me of the robot head from "Hardware"...

Cool pic...
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 6:12:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#25]
Originally Posted By MolonLabeFBHO:
-ops core fast ballistic
-ops core Mc cover
-Comtac 2 dual comm
-TNVC Mohawk
-Ms2000 strobe
-knock off red v lite which I recently swapped for a real s&s ir vlite
-Perroz designs flag and med patches
-Wilcox L4 shroud
-Wilcox g11 army mount
-Wilcox NVG lanyard
-TNVC Pvs-14 with ITT Pinnacle tube, hoplite rfr, and Wilcox amber filter
Mite be forgetting some stuff but think that’s most of it..

Specs of this set up?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
Thankyou for the info. How do you like this set up? Im going to be buying my first set of nvg in about a month and trying to learn more.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 1:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#27]

Thankyou for the info. How do you like this set up? Im going to be buying my first set of nvg in about a month and trying to learn more.
View Quote
I love it. I have roughly $5k in my helmet setup. But my setup is based on want instead of need. I would say it’s more of a “prepper”/ responsible, prepared law abiding citizen setup. I don’t need a ballistic helmet because I am just a regular guy but an Ops core ballistic is something I wanted for a long time and finally acquired one. I don’t need dual comm peltor comtacs but I wanted them. As far as NODs go, of course I would love a dual tube setup but it wasn’t in my realistic budget. I absolutely love my setup and it works for me. If you’re just getting into NODs do yourself a favor and purchase atleast a gen2+ or gen 3 device. Although earlier generations do work you really don’t get to take full advantage of the technology without spending a decent amount of money. I paid ~$3500 just for my PVS-14 and J arm but I wanted a brand new one with warranty. You can find decently priced used PVS-14s or PVS-7s or a setup with a blemished tube (which really isn’t even bad most of the time just didn’t fit the manufacturers specs and ALL tubes have some sort of blemish or defect it’s just certain manufactureres won’t accept them unless they meet their qualifications). Another route is to source the tube or tubes themselves and purchase a pvs-14 or sentinel housing kit. Then you can either assemble it yourself and have it sent out to be nitrogen purged or have someone do the complete build for u. As far as mounting the goggle do yourself another favor and buy a good mount right from the start. The Wilcox g11 army mount can be found for ~$240 if you look hard enough and is IMO the best mount out there is if you want to utilize the standard horn mount interface between the goggle’s j arm and the mount. There are dovetail setups which are even more sturdy but also more expensive. You want a good, sturdy mount because it helps to eliminate wobble or play. You don’t want to have to keep reaching up taking your focus off your objective to re-align your goggle. Assuming your a regular guy and are on a budget IMO your best bet is to go with a gen 3 pvs-14 with the Wilcox g11 mount and a bump helmet. DO NOT buy one of the Chinese knock off airsoft replica helmets they are junk and a waste of time and money in my experience. You can get an Ops Core bump for ~$270 or a Team Wendy Exfil bump for ~$300 which is known to be better out of the box than the ops core (comfort mainly) A lot of people in the 2a community boycott TW because they endorsed HC during her presidential candidacy. Make your own decision on that but otherwise they make great, quality products. Good luck and enjoy. Make sure you look at the stars, you will never think we’re alone again
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#28]

I love it. I have roughly $5k in my helmet setup. But my setup is based on want instead of need. I would say it’s more of a “prepper”/ responsible, prepared law abiding citizen setup. I don’t need a ballistic helmet because I am just a regular guy but an Ops core ballistic is something I wanted for a long time and finally acquired one. I don’t need dual comm peltor comtacs but I wanted them. As far as NODs go, of course I would love a dual tube setup but it wasn’t in my realistic budget. I absolutely love my setup and it works for me. If you’re just getting into NODs do yourself a favor and purchase atleast a gen2+ or gen 3 device. Although earlier generations do work you really don’t get to take full advantage of the technology without spending a decent amount of money. I paid ~$3500 just for my PVS-14 and J arm but I wanted a brand new one with warranty. You can find decently priced used PVS-14s or PVS-7s or a setup with a blemished tube (which really isn’t even bad most of the time just didn’t fit the manufacturers specs and ALL tubes have some sort of blemish or defect it’s just certain manufactureres won’t accept them unless they meet their qualifications). Another route is to source the tube or tubes themselves and purchase a pvs-14 or sentinel housing kit. Then you can either assemble it yourself and have it sent out to be nitrogen purged or have someone do the complete build for u. As far as mounting the goggle do yourself another favor and buy a good mount right from the start. The Wilcox g11 army mount can be found for ~$240 if you look hard enough and is IMO the best mount out there is if you want to utilize the standard horn mount interface between the goggle’s j arm and the mount. There are dovetail setups which are even more sturdy but also more expensive. You want a good, sturdy mount because it helps to eliminate wobble or play. You don’t want to have to keep reaching up taking your focus off your objective to re-align your goggle. Assuming your a regular guy and are on a budget IMO your best bet is to go with a gen 3 pvs-14 with the Wilcox g11 mount and a bump helmet. DO NOT buy one of the Chinese knock off airsoft replica helmets they are junk and a waste of time and money in my experience. You can get an Ops Core bump for ~$270 or a Team Wendy Exfil bump for ~$300 which is known to be better out of the box than the ops core (comfort mainly) A lot of people in the 2a community boycott TW because they are known to be anti 2a. Make your own decision on that but otherwise they make great, quality products. Good luck and enjoy. Make sure you look at the stars, you will never think we’re alone again
View Quote
Thankyou for taking the time and all the info. Im set on doing this exact set up next month. Ill be getting a pvs14 WP buy once cry once. Im going to get the ballistic helmet to have one and then a nightcap or sonething similar for lightweight and definently a wilcox mount. Ill also be getting the mawl c+, I plan on buying the bulk of the stuff from tnvc im looking at about $9k ballpark.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Thankyou for taking the time and all the info. Im set on doing this exact set up next month. Ill be getting a pvs14 WP buy once cry once. Im going to get the ballistic helmet to have one and then a nightcap or sonething similar for lightweight and definently a wilcox mount. Ill also be getting the mawl c+, I plan on buying the bulk of the stuff from tnvc im looking at about $9k ballpark.
View Quote
It sounds like you’ve done your homework and you have a good setup in mind. I’m hoping to upgrade to a mawl by the end of the year. I’ve heard the nightcaps suck but I believe Wilcox just came out with one of their own versions. But at the price they are you can get a good bump helmet and have some extra features than a nightcap. Good luck!
Toying around with this cartoon app tonight-

Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#30]

It sounds like you've done your homework and you have a good setup in mind. I'm hoping to upgrade to a mawl by the end of the year. I've heard the nightcaps suck but I believe Wilcox just came out with one of their own versions. But at the price they are you can get a good bump helmet and have some extra features than a nightcap. Good luck!
http://i63.tinypic.com/noc4g6.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/vorgon.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/34zhkt0.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2woaoaa.jpg
View Quote
What app is that? Think I might need a new avatar!
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#31]
It sounds like you’ve done your homework and you have a good setup in mind. I’m hoping to upgrade to a mawl by the end of the year. I’ve heard the nightcaps suck but I believe Wilcox just came out with one of their own versions. But at the price they are you can get a good bump helmet and have some extra features than a nightcap. Good luck!
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#32]
@cjwwd2 What mount is that you have your mpls on?  Also, where is everyone buying the velcro for peltors?
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BTooneUSMMA:
@cjwwd2 What mount is that you have your mpls on?  Also, where is everyone buying the velcro for peltors?
View Quote
Unity tactical Remora MARK
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#34]

It sounds like you've done your homework and you have a good setup in mind. I'm hoping to upgrade to a mawl by the end of the year. I've heard the nightcaps suck but I believe Wilcox just came out with one of their own versions. But at the price they are you can get a good bump helmet and have some extra features than a nightcap. Good luck!
View Quote

I plan on using my Ops Core Bump and set it up like yours, But I'm going to run plain comtac III instead of coms (for right now)
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 12:21:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
View Quote
It’s called photosketch
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 12:31:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#36]
I cut my own tan 3m Velcro and made it. I was going to order the nolatac mid-p kit but it was out of stock in tan at the time. Here’s the link to that-
Here
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#37]
It’s called photosketch
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
It’s called photosketch
Hmm. I might download it.

But it's made by a company called Aero, right? Look at their logo then look at Aero Precision's logo. Those A's look pretty close....
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

Hmm. I might download it.

But it's made by a company called Aero, right? Look at their logo then look at Aero Precision's logo. Those A's look pretty close....
View Quote
This is the one-
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#39]

This is the one- http://i68.tinypic.com/28jgygo.png
View Quote
Definitely copying that idea.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 8:02:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sdsu619] [#40]
https://ibb.co/mgXrSH,https://preview.ibb.co/nzgUEx/IMG_1779.jpg

Basic setup. Really debating on cutting my sordins.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Sdsu619:

View Quote
Link doesn’t work.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link doesn't work.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sdsu619:

Link doesn't work.
Try this https://preview.ibb.co/nzgUEx/IMG_1779.jpg
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 11:33:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sdsu619] [#43]
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:57:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#44]
It’s not showing up as a link. I use tinypic to host my images. Other than the occasional ad it works great.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
You have your flag on the wrong side of your helmet, stars should be facing forward.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

You have your flag on the wrong side of your helmet, stars should be facing forward.
View Quote
Lol, are we going to go through this again?  Happens like every twenty pages.

Unless he is military there is no prescribed or mandatory way to wear a flag patch. Though you are technically correct as far as how it’s traditionally worn.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 2:15:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#48]
Originally Posted By TNVC:

That is really cool!
View Quote
Thanks. I’m not usually one to post selfies but after playing with the app I had to. Here’s a few more..

Link Posted: 4/10/2018 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to these Chinese Ops core knock off ballistic helmets that actually aren't truly ballistic but are more of a fragmentation helmet and if one of them actually passed the HP White testing then that particular helmet is whatever HP White says the test came out as. But when all of these other companies are using that same testing from HP White but not actually sending their helmets in for testing doesn't mean a single thing and it's actually morally wrong because they are claiming that these helmets meet the best ballistic standards when in truth they don't most likely

So I can certainly understand why you would be hesitant to go by people who say that HP white certified their helmet. But I have complete faith in American companies who say that they gave their helmets to HP white for testing and I 100% believe in the testing numbers that HP white provided as long as it is from a American company so in my opinion HP White still has the highest reputation for providing the best ballistic testing it's just that some Chinese knock-off companies are using it in correctly. And that's not HP White's fault. So as long as it's a American company who says they used HP White for ballistic testing then I will take that as 100% truth as they really are one of the very best at what they do

Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

There are a few companies out there touting the same HP White certification which was based on a single sample.

The Chinese submitted a single sample of their helmet a few years back, it passed, and they've been using that same piece of paper to sell helmets under multiple brand names for years. That ignores the quality control testing utilized by major manufacturers in the US.

Whenever I see a small helmet company fall back to their HP White cert as proof of quality, it's a huge red flag.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#50]
I just finished building 2 Brand New Kejo high-cut helmets model Special Forces MKIII

Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top