Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2013 7:40:04 AM EDT
I haven't seen any information regarding NFA toys in the New York gun ban.

Are machinegun owners limited to 7 rounds.

Are future machinegun purchases for New Yorkers no longer possible.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, mag bans apply according to the law regardless of the guns they go into.

NYers haven't been able to get machineguns for decades, just grandfathered existing owners.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#2]
No Class III in NYS before the ban that has not changed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

Damn glad I live in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

Damn glad I live in Texas.

AMEN to that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
they are trying to do the same thing to us in MA here now too.  Limit all our mags to 7 rounds and all existing hi cap mags must be sold or turned in within one year.  Machine guns / NFA are legal here in MA so all my MGs will be useless without the proper mags.  Time to look into moving....  hard to belive MA was the state back hundreds of years ago that was the home of the original Patriots and true revolution..... its now a liberal, left wing, suck ass, anti american / gun state.  Its gonna keep on spreading too.....  this world is filled with liberals and they are getting bigger in numbers.  Thats why asshat got re elected again.  We did it to ourselves.  Sorry to vent guys, but I just found out 3 days ago my state is going the NY route and I have been writing senators and doing everything I can but I am afraid its a losing battle.  Sad day for us New Englanders..... enjoy Texas while you can dude.... your lucky,

Rob
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Would the 7rds. apply to linked ammo also?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And I thought it was bad trying to feed a 10 round magazine on a 10/22!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

yes I believe so.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes I believe so.

Good luck enforcing that one then.......
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#10]
DDs and AOWs are a go though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:52:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
DDs and AOWs are a go though.

as well as sbr and sbs (nut sbs had to be store bought). the wife and i are orig from mass and when she retires from the mil we weretn sure if we wanted to move back..........kinda helps me decide.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NYers haven't been able to get machineguns for decades, just grandfathered existing owners.

I chuckled at that. If you are old enough to be grandfathered in from when you can legally own a Machine Gun in NY, then you are probably close to 90 years old or older.

As far as mags for machine guns go, if you can legally own a machine gun in this state, then you can also legally own a mag of any capacity that you please, as the only people that can legally own machine guns in NY are class III FFL's, Government agencies, and individual officers who are exempt from all firearms laws the state puts forth.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#13]
7 links on an m60.....now that's just fucking depressing, and pointless.  Screw NY and the other liberal trash states.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Why don't all the ANTI gun bastards move to NY. -_-
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]
It will be interesting to see what happens in MA and CT in regards to machine gun pricing.

Both of these states are staring down NY style mag bans but have plenty of legal machinegun owners.  Assuming both these states pass similar legislation some percentage of machinegun owners are going to sell.

Figure there are at least a couple thousand registered machineguns between the two states and even if 25% sell you are still talking about hundreds of guns being put on the market over a articficailly compressed timefrane, of which a busy week or sturm or subguns is a dozen net new / never advertised guns.

I know if I lived in a ban state and was stuck with a 7 rounds limitation I would be selling some machineguns to fund another hobby.  Maybe not all of them but I sure wouldnt keep multiples anymore of the same gun and would dump a couple HK sears and M16s and buy a really nice sports car or something. (or until they ban sports cars with over a 7 ounce gas tank)
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Magazines manufactured prior to 1963 (50 years old) are exempt from NY's ban. I'm certain some machine guns would be fine if MA and CT enacted the same style ban..
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#18]
i don't think NFA owners will ever have a say in anything

there's just not enough of them to matter

seems like NFA is permanently below the radar screen all around.

I think the whole NFA thing is a big fluke

when the registry was open, these guns were just a little quiet subculture of the gun world.

now the registry is closed and the guns cost a fortune because the popularity has skyrocketed.

I think if that if the opposite was true, the guns were popular and cheap, your fellow citizens would have stamped it out of existence long ago.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top