Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2015 8:59:56 PM EDT
So let's say you filed a Form 4 for a can.  You paid the $200 with a check.

5 months later you get your F4 back approved.  BUT, ATF never cashed your tax check.

You have an approved, stamped (real stamp as it's a paper form) transfer, but haven't really paid the tax.

What's your legal position?  Could it come back and bite you in the ass?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you absolutely sure they didn't ACH it or EFT w.e. they call it these days?

All of my F4's for a while now dont show up as the check number, just "ATF NFA Payment"
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Look for an ACH Debit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I'll be darned.  You'd think the ACH would at least reference the check number;  all the other outfits that ACH my checks include that.

And to think, um, SOMONE was thinking they might have gotten a freebie.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I'll be darned.  You'd think the ACH would at least reference the check number;  all the other outfits that ACH my checks include that.

View Quote

ACH doesn't use the check # - it's just like using a debit card, where your checking account and routing #s are used instead of a card #
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually have an old checking account i have had since i was 16 that i use almost exclusively for NFA stuff.  Funny that I'm writing checks out of my first order of them when i opened the account all those years ago.  

I just transfer money over to it a day or two before sending off the paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The ONE thing the ATF hasnt be laggy about and that is cashing checks quickly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The ONE thing the ATF hasnt be laggy about and that is cashing checks quickly.
View Quote

How true - I had 3 F4's delivered on the 23rd, and the cashiers checks were cashed on the 24th - getting their money is job 1!!!  

Happy Monday,
Bob S.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top