Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/10/2013 10:05:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Says used. You just got, as in ordered or received?

Great find nonetheless.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Does it come with the shoulder straps?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow. Outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#5]
20 bucks shipping?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I knew I should have bought one during the Independence Day sale.  It would have been like $12 or so.  Shit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
i laugh at the people paying $90 on ebay for this.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i laugh at the people paying $90 on ebay for this.

Same here...I found one of these in a local surplus store. Used for $40 and came with a Spec-Ops brand SAW pouch attached to it. I figured they didn't know what it was since the cheapest used ones I was finding at the time were $120+
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Isn't this the same thing that the army is issuing now? If so, not a fan. Good price, I suppose, but I'll pass.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Isn't this the same thing that the army is issuing now? If so, not a fan.

care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Isn't this the same thing that the army is issuing now? If so, not a fan. Good price, I suppose, but I'll pass.

No. This is the Tactical Assault Panel (used by US Army, USMC, etc). The new design I believe you're referring to is the Rack panel

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. This is the Tactical Assault Panel (used by US Army, USMC, etc). The new design I believe you're referring to is the Rack panel

the rig that was actually called the RACK was way before this.

here is a pic of the army one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/bae-multicam-ocp-army-military-molle-tactical-assault-panel-chest-rig-NEW-LOOK-/221246472190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3383513ffe
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the rig that was actually called the RACK was way before this.

here is a pic of the army one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/bae-multicam-ocp-army-military-molle-tactical-assault-panel-chest-rig-NEW-LOOK-/221246472190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3383513ffe

You're right...I stand corrected

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Darn thing looks huge...how about some pics, Raf?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Of your sides, like mirror shots more specifically.
I want to know how far around it wraps. 6 mags across your front is pretty decent sized...
With it lying on the floor in front of you, I could see a sidearm, Admin, mag, mag, mag, IFAK.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#18]
the parts youre seeing that probably werent included are the necessary widgets to attach the rig to the SPC/MTV
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
the parts youre seeing that probably werent included are the necessary widgets to attach the rig to the SPC/MTV

Could be.  Some of the items look like grenade pockets or the like.  I dunno.

Needless to say, this is altogether different from what is offered by USRO.

they are attachments for the army IOTV/SPCS. they are the exact same chest rig, just different colors and the two are issued with their services' respective attachments.

the one from USRO obviously doesnt include the necessary attachments to the SPC/MTV
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I ordered 2, thanks O!

hopefully they come with the straps. If so they'll make great bandoliers to stash around.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Thats the new TAP just in coyote, the same exact thing in multicam is current issue for the Army in afghanistan and is fairly new. These are a steal at $20 I just bought two.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of your sides, like mirror shots more specifically.
I want to know how far around it wraps. 6 mags across your front is pretty decent sized...
With it lying on the floor in front of you, I could see a sidearm, Admin, mag, mag, mag, IFAK.

Thinking alike, we are...
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Its fairly wide, its designed to have 4 clips attach to your armor (IOTV gen 2) 2 for the shoulder straps and 1 on each side towards the rear of where your side plates would be. These female buckles on your vest are what the TAP would plug into and how its designed to be used with armor. This allows you to have armor on but not real gear like ammo or an IFAK but you can quickly attach it without your buddy helping you. The second option is to attach the webbing it comes with to the panel itself and use it as a stand alone chest rig. Not a bad design at all but it is a big bitch.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Its fairly wide, its designed to have 4 clips attach to your armor (IOTV gen 2) 2 for the shoulder straps and 1 on each side towards the rear of where your side plates would be. These female buckles on your vest are what the TAP would plug into and how its designed to be used with armor. This allows you to have armor on but not real gear like ammo or an IFAK but you can quickly attach it without your buddy helping you. The second option is to attach the webbing it comes with to the panel itself and use it as a stand alone chest rig. Not a bad design at all but it is a big bitch.

I, for one, like a small rack.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a double entendre meaning he likes small tits, a taste he likely acquired in Thailand.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok, seriously raf, can you update the title - it's $19.99, not $20.00

Thanks partner
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a double entendre meaning he likes small tits, a taste he likely acquired in Thailand.

Lulz, appreciate that one
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh snap...shit just got real up in here!

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fot the 100th fucking time, your mother is a very sensual woman and we went to Tahiti, not Thailand.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 5:21:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Would the pouches on this thing hold .30 cal mags such as FAL, G3 or AK47?
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Would the pouches on this thing hold .30 cal mags such as FAL, G3 or AK47?

I'm not thinking so

This might turn into a great chest rig for hand out when SHTF. I've got plenty of friends that have rifles, but none really buy into the 'gear' concept. Cheap enough option to keep around to help out a friend.

Are there any harnesses from SKD that will work with these if they turn out to not have shoulder straps?
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#33]
raf: can we get quick dimensions of the rig? I'm specifically looking for width, looks around 28"...
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure what the Army is currently issuing.  Perhaps you could tell us.  Last I heard the Army was issuing the RACK, which was quite different, as the RACK did not have internal mag pockets, and the USMC item does.

The TAP RACK has internal pockets for mag and DAGR/MBITR. I have one in MC and it works well enough. It also integrates well with the SPCS and the IOTV. They aren't quite as "polished" or feature laden as some of the aftermarket chest rigs but it does the job. I believe the USMC is very similar (at least it looks like it).
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Got this email today, after mine shipped .  Nice they call it a rig when it's apparently just the center panel of it.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your email. This item does not come with shoulder straps. It is not the entire system, just the center part.

We hope this information has been helpful; feel free to contact us if you require additional assistance and have a great day!

Warmest Regards,

Customer Service
Government Liquidation
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't this the same thing that the army is issuing now? If so, not a fan.

care to elaborate?

The thing is huge. It's not so much a chest rig as it wraps almost all the way around my torso. I don't like using panels like these on armor. I just put pouches right onto my vest.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Got this email today, after mine shipped .  Nice they call it a rig when it's apparently just the center panel of it.

Dear Valued Customer,
-snip-
Customer Service
Government Liquidation

What I suspected. Thanks
Quoted:
The thing is huge. It's not so much a chest rig as it wraps almost all the way around my torso. I don't like using panels like these on armor. I just put pouches right onto my vest.

What I suspected. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I thought it would wrap completely around like that. Gonna pass, but agree it would be ok as a loaner rig.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:14:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Just ordered one. For $26 shipped can't pass that up considering I see them online for upwards of $200. Great find OP.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#40]
I just got mine I ordered. I'm set for gear but figured at that price it was a good deal for a backup rig.

It is definitely used but it looks like light use and is in pretty good shape overall. Mine is missing the clip-on shoulder harness though.

Overall, I'd say not a bad buy for $25 shipped, especially if you luck out and get the harness with it.

raf, could you post a picture of the clip-on shoulder harness? Since mine didn't come with one and I'd like to see what the supplied one looks like so I can hunt down a replacement.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#42]
im tempted
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
im tempted

DO IT!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Pic here:http://www.ebay.com/itm/bae-multicam-ocp-army-military-molle-tactical-assault-panel-chest-rig-NEW-LOOK-/221246472190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3383513ffe#ht_45wt_832

Basically, on the back, there is a horizontal length of 1" webbing with adjustable QD buckles that mate to the buckles on either side of the rig.
Centered on the horizontal webbing is an inverted "Y" of 1" webbing, which travels up the user's back to a small "platform" of webbing where the two wide shoulder straps are sewn, along with an adjustment buckle to which the stem of the inverted "Y" is affixed.

Think of an old ALICE rig; the one with a pistol belt as the horizontal member, and the rear of the "Y" harness connected to the pistol belt,  while viewed from the rear, and you have it.

The front of the harness is two lengths of 1" webbing with adjustable buckles that mate to the buckles on the front of the rig, and these 1" sections of webbing are sewn to two wider, over-the-shoulder strips of webbing.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#45]
If someone finds a source for the harnesses please list them.  I'm hoping mine have them like the OP's, we shall see Tuesday.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If someone finds a source for the harnesses please list them.  I'm hoping mine have them like the OP's, we shall see Tuesday.

I posted some harnesses from SKD on pg 1 I believe. Nobody responded and knew if any of them would fit this rig. I would prefer accessories and padding in my shoulder harness...
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I posted some harnesses from SKD on pg 1 I believe. Nobody responded and knew if any of them would fit this rig. I would prefer accessories and padding in my shoulder harness...

I didn't see any links to SDK but they were actually the first place I checked. I saw the ones they have but I don't think any of them will work. Two of the ones I saw it looks like the one end uses velcro and the other end uses male ends on the clips instead of the female this rig would need. The other one I saw uses male on one end and female on the other.

I suppose the PIG H-Harness would be the best candidate to convert to work with this rig assuming the female buckle ends are the proper width.

I'm going to try hitting up a local surplus store (an honest to goodness surplus store, not an airsoft reseller) this weekend to see if they have any of these harnesses kicking around.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The sewn-in front and rear buckles on the rig itself are the 1" type, and changing them to a wider type might be problematic. I believe some of the relevant buckles on the PIG harness linked above are wider than 1", and so there might be compatibility issues.

That's what I was thinking eyeballing them.

At that point you're better off making one from scratch like you suggested.

Plus StrapWorks has a Multicam style pattern you can get.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top