Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/19/2012 9:17:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 12:01:50 PM EST by 420ollie]
I was looking to get the PIG in Multicam. Is it alright to use it without plates and use it for load bearing for the time being. I just want to know how well it works carrying gear with out plates. How big do they adjust also?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:44:07 AM EST
I can't comment on the PIG Plate Carrier, but I thought you just picked up a Woosatch A?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:54:04 AM EST
I just want to keep my options open and I like to test out gear. I did get the woosatch A. I like it but im not in love with it yet. I had to cinch up the shoulder straps to make it ride high. It fits good. I haven't got to break it yet. My friend and I were gonna go running and gunning this past weekend but didn't get to.

I spoke to Gene about the cummerbund and ideas. I am getting a modified cummerbund and shoulder straps. I guess I'm gonna be a guinea pig.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:57:35 AM EST
I gotcha. Well I looked at the PIG (online) when I was looking at PCs, but I went with the Banshee because it was more in line with what I need right now (minimal/compact (with plates removed) so it can fit in my luggage (usually just a backpack) on commercial flights, removable cummerbund + basic straps for when it is not attached). The Banshee just got here this evening (local time), and I have not even had a chance to put my plates in it yet, but first look, I am impressed.

(sorry for the tangent).
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:00:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 6:03:30 PM EST by SKD_Tactical]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:41:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By SKD_Tactical:
The PIG is going to be stiffer than the woosatch without plates. Both are designed to be worn with plates though, so saying one works better than the other for something out of it's design parameters isn't fair.
The guys at HSGI make some solid gear and I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing what you have in mind. I rocked a Wasatch on a tour to AFG but have used my PIG since 2009 (ith some awesome HSGI pouches btw).

SOS

The improvements and extras modifications are coming out of pocket for me. I think they will work.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:17:00 AM EST
Not worth having a plate carrier without plates. If you need pouches without plates get a chest rig to start you off. I use a Mayflower/Velocity Systems OAV vest with the quick detach system on it. I can take a Mayflower QD chest rig and clip it on the front of my vest in 10 seconds and have a full load out. Then detach the load out and use it with the chest rig straps by itself. It is great. No other vest uses that system as it is patented.
Top Top