Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 4:40:13 PM EDT
Ah! I hate sitting hear at the computer all day long.

I have a Bushy 20" A2, and have been browsing the site.  I am getting trigger happy, and the closest trigger it the mouse button!

So here I am, buying all kinds of crap.

Recently ordered:

-New Trijicon TA31 Scope for 700.00
-Jewel 2 stage trigger for 174.40
-2700 SA Battlepack for 320.95
-1000 rnds of XM193 for 199.00
-Nikon 800 Range finder

And I am still looking to buy!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
all I get is this
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You're already a dead man, why stop now? I hope you live long enough to play with all your new toys.

coyote3
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
We won't tell.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The coyote got this one right for sure, I recommend you go check out the camo thread, and see if maybe you can hide out until your new toys arrive, then grab and run.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I know a guy that is such a pussy that he bought his first AR back in November and still has not fired it ONCE becuase the wife doesn't know he bought it. He is afraid to sneek it out of the house.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#7]
That's why I'm making sure I have all the things I want BEFORE I get married. I even told the girlfriend that. I told her we couldn't get married until my firearm collection is complete, that way she has motivation for me to buy more firearms.... and I told her that none of them will be sold after we're married and that I might get a few more after we're married. It's good to lay down the law before she does.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That's why I'm making sure I have all the things I want BEFORE I get married. I even told the girlfriend that. I told her we couldn't get married until my firearm collection is complete, that way she has motivation for me to buy more firearms.... and I told her that none of them will be sold after we're married and that I might get a few more after we're married. It's good to lay down the law before she does.

Dude, you will never get married.  I have never seen a "complete" firearm collection.  That is like saying we will get married when we can afford it.  I have been saying just one more gun for years.  Now I am saying "JUST ONE MORE SAFE".  Go ahead and get married, she is obviously pretty cool.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:06:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's why I'm making sure I have all the things I want BEFORE I get married. I even told the girlfriend that. I told her we couldn't get married until my firearm collection is complete, that way she has motivation for me to buy more firearms.... and I told her that none of them will be sold after we're married and that I might get a few more after we're married. It's good to lay down the law before she does. hr

That is a great idea.  I wish I had bought a few more before I got married.  On the other hand, we have more money now than before we were married.  Actually, she makes more than I do because I also go to school part time.

My advice--marry someone that doesn't just tolerate guns--make sure they really like guns.  My wife really like guns and doesn't mind an occasional purchase.  I just have to keep it down to 1-2 a year.  If I had my choice it would be 1-2 a month, so maybe it is good to have some restraint.

One last piece of advice--buy most of your guns before you have kids.  Unlike wives, they won't actually earn any money to help buy guns.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, here are a few more accidental purchases:

-Harris bipod adapter #5 with swivel $10.00
-Harris LM-S bipod  $68.00
-M16 Cleaning Kit $18.95
-Walther P99 .40 cal T finish $522

Hah! My wife is gonna shoot me with my new equipment!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Red-Rx7:

Now is a good time to show how much you trust each other; buy HER a gun, too!

Of course, it should be a "ladies" gun, you know, like a S&W Airlight Centennial or Bodyguard .38, or a Ruger SP-101 in .357, or some such thing that you secretly want to use and shoot, but can "justify".
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I have it pretty easy. My wife has no interest in guns whatso-ever, I own my own buisiness and buy all my things through those avenues, and she never knows! When she looks at one of the new ones, she asks about it and I pull a face and say I have had it forever! I have tried and am still trying to get her into it, but, no luck so far.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Preach it brother
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, my damn trigger finger did it to me again.  I just picked up:

- Two (2) PREBAN 12rnd hicap .40 cal for the Walther P99
- Laser module for the front of the Walther P99 Gun
- Ergo Tacticle Deluxe (suregrip)
- GAPPER
- 100 10rnd Stripper clips.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#16]
You know my birthday is comming up soon :)
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#17]
When you get kicked out, you can come stay at my place.

Ummmmm.....dont forget to bring the new toys.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Rock on, Red-RX7!  Remember, it's easier to beg forgiveness than permission!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#19]
You don't have to lie about the 'items' ...you just have to lie about how much they cost.ER,what I mean is "everyone knows that a Colt AR-15 costs $250" or $150 on sale.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#20]
150-250$ for a Colt?  Damn, I paid $400 for my Bushy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You don't have to lie about the 'items' ...you just have to lie about how much they cost.ER,what I mean is "everyone knows that a Colt AR-15 costs $250" or $150 on sale.

I was able to do that..then my wife decides she wants an AR of her own.  Now she knows what they cost...the good thing, she still wants one.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Medcop-

Where at in MO are you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top