Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/26/2007 4:00:03 PM EST
Here are my two K31s. The first rifle I bought in 2005, not knowing really much about them, just they were inexpensive rifles. The first one was made in 1951. Here it is with the M1918 bayonet, which costed more than the rifle at the time I bought the rifle. I got the bayonet last month.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/bayonet2.jpg

Then one day a couple of weeks ago, I come home, open up the gun case, and find this.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/IMG_0181.jpg

Somehow the first K31 split itself and made a second K31. Atleast that is the story I told the wife. My first K31 has the scope on it. The second one is a 1945 manufacture. This one has a W&F Diopter on it now. I bought both of these from a local gun store.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 12:21:42 AM EST
So how I ended up with a double thread with the same subject line. The moderators can feel free to delete one of these.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 1:34:13 AM EST
Nice. I'm still looking to buy one of those rifles.

I have a nice bayo for it .
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 4:25:18 AM EST
Nice K31's, have you taken them out and used them yet?
Ever considered getting your 03FFL?
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 6:21:54 AM EST
I have shot both of them. I handload for the scoped K31 using Berger bulles and Varget. My first 5 shots give a half inch group at 100 yards, but then the group really opens up. After I let the barrel cool down, it goes back to half inch groups, then starts spreading out again. I may put a spacer as described on Swissrifles.com to free float the barrel without altering the wood. The other rifle has a W&F diopter, and I use that one for Swiss rifle competitions, and shoot GP-11 out of it.

I have my C&R license now, received it earlier this month. I got it for the sole purpose of getting other model Swiss rifles, basically finish out the collection. I definitely want to get a couple of handguns, specifically the Russian Nagant revolver. There are some Swiss handguns that are C&R eligible, but the price is beyond my means right now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:23:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By RDavidP:
I have shot both of them. I handload for the scoped K31 using Berger bulles and Varget. My first 5 shots give a half inch group at 100 yards, but then the group really opens up. After I let the barrel cool down, it goes back to half inch groups, then starts spreading out again. I may put a spacer as described on Swissrifles.com to free float the barrel without altering the wood. The other rifle has a W&F diopter, and I use that one for Swiss rifle competitions, and shoot GP-11 out of it.

I have my C&R license now, received it earlier this month. I got it for the sole purpose of getting other model Swiss rifles, basically finish out the collection. I definitely want to get a couple of handguns, specifically the Russian Nagant revolver. There are some Swiss handguns that are C&R eligible, but the price is beyond my means right now.

Sounds like you've got it well in hand. Welcome!
What kind of Berger bullets are you using and where are you getting them?
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 8:48:40 AM EST
I am using the 175gr. Berger Match VLD. I order them from Cabelas and Midway.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:26:56 PM EST
Heck, I inherited my bayonette from my grandfather..................it was his in the swiss army.....wish my mom had kept his rifle after he died
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:31:34 PM EST
My K31 split into two more for a total of three...freaky isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:58:26 AM EST
love those K31`s
deffenetly need to pick another one up
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:10:27 AM EST
How tall are you ? Looks like you could bump your head on the door frame.I would hate to see you charging at me with your bayonett attached . seriously they are nice rifles, Does wolf make ammo for them yet?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:54:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By thorshammer:
How tall are you ? Looks like you could bump your head on the door frame.I would hate to see you charging at me with your bayonett attached . seriously they are nice rifles, Does wolf make ammo for them yet?

I'm pretty sure Wolf does make ammo for them in the Gold line.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:00:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By tep0583:

Wolf actually doesn't make the Wolf Gold line of ammo for the 7.5 Swiss ammo.
Its a different box that contains Privi Partizan ammo. Wolf just markets and sells P.P. ammo as Wolf Gold line ammo in 7.5 Swiss. Its good stuff and its reloadable. Out of the box its not as good as GP11, but since you can reload it, it makes it worth it in the long run IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:00:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By LuvBUSHmaster:

Originally Posted By tep0583:

Wolf actually doesn't make the Wolf Gold line of ammo for the 7.5 Swiss ammo.
Its a different box that contains Privi Partizan ammo. Wolf just markets and sells P.P. ammo as Wolf Gold line ammo in 7.5 Swiss. Its good stuff and its reloadable. Out of the box its not as good as GP11, but since you can reload it, it makes it worth it in the long run IMHO.

+1
Top Top