Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2008 12:35:04 PM EDT
With my approved Form 1 - with myself as the "maker", can an SOT 03 do the actual rebarreling?

This is on a SBR where the barreled reciever is the serial numbered part for the Form 1 (PS90).
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The serial numbered part is the Lower receiver.

You can have an Upper built for you but you cannot do a form 1 and then have someone else buil the rifle.
The upper is not the weapon, as long as they are only doing the upper it is not a problem.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Once you have the approved Form 1 in hand (and your name engraved on the reciever) it doesnt matter who cuts or swaps the barrel. And the reciever is the serial numbered part, barrel or lack there of does not matter.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The serial numbered part is the Lower receiver.

You can have an Upper built for you but you cannot do a form 1 and then have someone else buil the rifle.
The upper is not the weapon, as long as they are only doing the upper it is not a problem.

This is not for an AR15 SBR (I hae built 3 of those).  

Its for a PS90.  The barreled reciver on a S90 is the serial numbered part - there is no "lower reciever" - just a stock.

This is on a SBR where the barreled reciever is the serial numbered part for the Form 1 (PS90).
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Once you have the approved Form 1 in hand (and your name engraved on the reciever) it doesnt matter who cuts or swaps the barrel. And the reciever is the serial numbered part, barrel or lack there of does not matter.

Kharn

The problem is that Orion wants PS90 recievers stripped (barrel removed) before engraving them.

I think I havean alternate solution, but I' waiting on an e-mail.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.trosusa.com/PS90/ps90sbr.htm

If you already have a PS90 and have an approved Form 1 send us the barrel ONLY, along with a copy of the approved Form 1, and we will cut and crown the barrel, thread it M12x1 LEFT HAND and ship it back to you with a thread adapter for you to install in your receiver.  The cost for this conversion is currently $156.00 and does NOT include engraving the receiver.  Under Current BATFE regulations if you do the Form 1 conversion your name, city and state must be engraved on the receiver in plain sight in letters at least 1/16” high and at least .003 deep.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With my approved Form 1 - with myself as the "maker", can an SOT 03 do the actual rebarreling?

Henderson Defense and I worked out a solution.  I'll post it after is done.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Kharn

Reading is fundamental.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top