Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:37:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 4:19:59 PM EDT by Pthfndr]
Got these over a month ago and still haven't got around to cleaning them up yet. Both HRA Greek rifles.

The lighter stocked one looks almost perfect. A nie dark black except for the gas tube and bolt. Barrel is as shiny and bright as any I've ever seen. The stock looks (and feels) like it was never finished.

The darker one has definitely seen service but still looks pretty good.

These are "before" pics. After I've gone through them and cleaned up the stocks I'll post "after" pics.

This makes 3 Garands for me. All from the CMP.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:01:30 PM EDT
beautiful.

mind me asking what you dished over for them?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:06:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Triumph955i:
beautiful.

mind me asking what you dished over for them?

I think they were $550 each. My son picked them out for me at the CMP West games at Camp Pendleton back in June. Then I sent the paperwork to the CMP and they shipped them to my front door
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:41:07 PM EDT
Beautiful rifles!! Love the blonde!

I might be wrong, but from the first pic, it looks like the darker one has some tiger-striping in the stock.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:45:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NotMrWizard:
Beautiful rifles!! Love the blonde!

NICE !. Thanks for posting the pics.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:18:58 PM EDT
Here are pics of the blonde stock HRA after refinishing the stock. The metal is untouched from as it came to me other than just cleaning, oiling it down, and putting some grease on the bolt, etc.

The stock was lightly sanded and then given 2 coats of Tung oil, then lightly sanded with 220 paper, smoothed with 0000 steel wool, then a hand rubbed coat of Minwax Satin fnish polyurethane.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:48:50 PM EDT
Beautiful, thanks for the pics.

I love blond stocks and i have never seen one with a garand.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:15:17 AM EDT
I wish I had a Garand in that condition. I don't have much to offer for it.....but....

me luv u long tiem?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:27:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:58:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 9:58:46 AM EDT by davidp14]

Originally Posted By MRW:
Boy, I need to get some racks like that. I've got too many milsurps that like to fall down against each other in the closet. Can you buy the racks someplace, or did you make them?

Oh yeah, the garands are nice too!

Huh huh....
He likes your rack.

I do too. and the garands arent too darn shabby either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 12:17:32 PM EDT by akajimmy]

Originally Posted By MRW:
Boy, I need to get some racks like that. I've got too many milsurps that like to fall down against each other in the closet. Can you buy the racks someplace, or did you make them?

Oh yeah, the garands are nice too!

I like a good rack too

Especially a blonde with a good rack
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:48:47 PM EDT
Didn't want to start another thread so I'll ask my question here: to buy from the CMP, do I need an FFL to do the transfer. The website and downloadable order form doesn't list explicitly a requirement for an FFL to transfer. At the same time, they don't mention anything about C&R except for eligibility.

I want a Garand. That blonde one is a real looker. She would do well as a showpiece to impress the ladies. Save the brunette for shooting and fun. If you can't relegate a gun to guard duty in the safe, have a threesome at the range!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:22:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CK1:
Didn't want to start another thread so I'll ask my question here: to buy from the CMP, do I need an FFL to do the transfer. The website and downloadable order form doesn't list explicitly a requirement for an FFL to transfer. At the same time, they don't mention anything about C&R except for eligibility.

I want a Garand. That blonde one is a real looker. She would do well as a showpiece to impress the ladies. Save the brunette for shooting and fun. If you can't relegate a gun to guard duty in the safe, have a threesome at the range!

If you meet the requirements for getting a rifle from the CMP and they approve your application for purchase, they ship it direct to your door. They are the FFL handling the transfer to you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 5:44:28 PM EDT by GreenTalon]
Basically what path says is true. But I've heard that the CMP isn't actually an FFL at all. They have a specific exemption from the Legistature to sell directly to us civilians. Thats one of the great draws to the CMP, weapons delivered direct to door with no FFL transfers, and no other bs once the long papertrail is established.

Good luck, I'm ordering my first CMP Garand (it'll be my first Garand too) in the next day or two. Its going to be a Springfield Armory Field Grade USGI Issue.

Steve L.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:38:26 PM EDT
The CMP rocks!!!!! My dad filled out the requirements and we bought ammo and 2 rifles so far. A very good experience so far.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:19:40 AM EDT
Thanks for the answer. I'm lucky to have a CMP-affiliated air rifle team right here on my college campus. I'm looking forward to getting trigger time during the academic year and fulfill requirements for the CMP all in one shot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:08:53 PM EDT
Does any other form of "proof of citizenship" apply to CMP needs? I am wondering if I have to go get an "OFFICIAL" copy of my Birth Certificate. Otherwise, why isn't my C&R FFL good for that, because you can't get one as an alien.

Just wondering,
Steve L.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:23:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 4:24:36 PM EDT by Matthew_Q]
Looks like a nice beech stock. Is that one a Dane return, or maybe a greek? (I need to learn how to read!)

The color and some of the figure in the wood looks very much like my blonde/beech K31 stock after I cleaned it up.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:55:36 PM EDT
Very nice acquisitions. Gotta send my paperwork in to them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:34:40 PM EDT
I'm a sucker for blondes
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:40:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Syroc:
I'm a sucker for blondes

+1 nice guns.
Top Top