BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 1:29:50 PM EDT
for all of you rats !!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. The digital made for a nice background.

Would you mind sharing that pic at the Swamp Rat forums?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Very nice. The digital made for a nice background.

Would you mind sharing that pic at the Swamp Rat forums?

done already under the "official ratMastiff thread"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet. Let us know how it performs. You better use the heck out of that bad boy. Even though Im not a Rat, I still have great respect for those blades. I have my own addiction, HIKV (Himalayan Imports Khukuri Virus). I was seriously contemplating trying to squeeze in on the frenzy for the Rat Mastiff, but I did'nt have the cash at the time. Good job.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Very Nice! Great Pic. Your probably one of the Rats that beat me to the checkout which removed mine from my shopping cart during checkout !
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha, ha!  Nice to see some Arfcom folks have the same taste in steel as I do!

It sure was crazy last Friday at 7PM when they put this knife on sale, it looks like it sold out in 6 minutes!  

I feel very lucky to have snagged one!

I still need a sheath, I wish Spec-Ops made a larger version of their Survival Sheath to fit the RM.

Here's some pics of my Rat Mastiff.

Close up of the Penetrator point!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
or it might have been me. i don't have mine yet, though.  checked the PO box early this morning, it may have run in the afternoon mail.

It probably was, and what did I do... Give you my new Ratweiler.... DUH !!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Forgive me, I'm uninitiated with Swamp Rat.  What are those handles made of?  I read the brief synopsis on Respirene C.  Are these grips pictured the same material?  They look cool.  I love the finish on the blades, too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
the knife, while pretty big, is very well balanced and very comfortable to use.
I need to find a nice sheath for it though and I need to go chop some trees

waiting on a RW and a bandicoot as well.
It's official: I'm RDI..(Rat Disease Infected)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:34:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Forgive me, I'm uninitiated with Swamp Rat.  What are those handles made of?  I read the brief synopsis on Respirene C.  Are these grips pictured the same material?  They look cool.  I love the finish on the blades, too.

The handles are canvas micarta, they not only look good but the feel and work great too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Hank,

Have you gotten your RM yet?  Given your location I would've thought that you'd have yours before I did.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The handles are canvas micarta, they not only look good but the feel and work great too.

Very nice.  I think I may have found my next fixed blade.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very nice.  I think I may have found my next fixed blade.  

The only problem is that the Rat Mastiff is a Limited Edition and it sold out in 6 minutes after it was released for sale last a couple Jan 6th.

You may be able to find one on the secondary market but it will generally cost more since it's no longer in production.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#15]
D'oh!  Seems like they have other cool stuff, though.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next release.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
D'oh!  Seems like they have other cool stuff, though.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next release.  

Looks like is up for sale on Ebay!  See the link below.

cgi.ebay.com/Busse-Swamp-Rat-Knife-RatMastiff-Rat-Mastiff_W0QQitemZ6597826348QQcategoryZ43326QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Cool, thanks.  I wonder how much it'll go for!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Cool, thanks.  I wonder how much it'll go for!

Don't know but it's up to $281 now!  I saw a Rat Mastiff go for around $340 on Blade Forums!

I'm sure glad I got one right when they were released.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top