Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2003 6:26:32 PM EDT

G-1 Kit built on an Imbel receiver

My target at 115 yards,large three shoot groups, but not bad for a rebuillt 50 year old rifle.

My shooting buddies target same range same rifle.  The top group is five shoots and bottom group is three.  The change in point of impact was caused by different ammo.  The first three  rounds were weak surplus stuff that didn't cycle the bolt.  I have to say that he shot some good groups and I need to practice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You just need to wait for the gun and especially the trigger to break in.  Not bad at all for the first time out.  See if the groups don't get better after you put a couple hundred rounds through it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah the trigger was very stiff.  I would say it has a pull somewhere over 10lbs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I WANT ONE!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice FAL...
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah the trigger was very stiff.  I would say it has a pull somewhere over 10lbs.

Trigger pull weight shouldn't be an issue, unless its incredibly heavy. As long as you are getting a clean break the trigger will smooth out over time (presuming quality internals).

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a very respectable group considering the use of iron sights and milsurp ammo.

Sharp looking rifle by the way.  Good job!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks great, shoots good.  I like the .308 caliber.

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Are the bullet holes marked w/ a marker? or are they keyholed? (bullet tumble?)
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Are the bullet holes marked w/ a marker? or are they keyholed? (bullet tumble?)

Yes the holes are marked with a marker no keyholes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a real nice looking rifle.

Did you build it yourself at home or have it built for you?

The reason I ask is that I have just started building a few FAL rifles for myself at home and I'm finding they are as much fun to build as AR15 rifles.

The first rifle I built doesn't look as nice as the finish on yours does.
None of my parts match finish wise and the area where I welded on the brake to cover the barrel threads is discolored. Mine definitely need to be refinished.

Once I got the gas setting correct and got rid of the one crappy mag I had mine has been completely reliable.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't finish it I send it to a gunsmith in Atlanta.  He built it and reparkerized it for $125.00.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top