Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 11:48:17 AM EDT
I was at the firing pin today, and was shooting the BFG. Everything was going great until round 15 (Total of 15 through this gun). My friend pulled the trigger, and turned to me. He said that it sounded like something in the gun dropped. I figured the firing pin had gotten a light strike on the primer so I told him to wait a while to make sure it wasn't a slow primer. Well, after I decided the round wasn't going to fire, I told him to pull back on the bolt so we could see what the problem was. As he pulled it back, a spring shot out of the gun, and the firing pin stuck out the ejection port also. I don't think he noticed the firing pin sticking out, and I think he may have bent it as he kept pulling the bolt back.

I attached a picture of the firing pin.

I have never taken the bolt apart. And I don't know how this came out. There appears to be a bar in the bolt that holds it in, however it looks like the firing pin may be bent. I also noticed some beveled areas on the rear of the firing pin.

They are in the pictures below:
Close up-

Full view-

Let me know what you guys think.

Shawn
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The death od a 50.......a sad day indeed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
'Looks like the firing pin may be bent?'  I'd say so!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure what type of ideas you are looking for. The fix is simple. Contact Mark Serbu and he'll fix the problem. Nobody in the gun industry has better customer service than Mark.  
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top