Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/28/2002 8:31:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/28/2002 9:05:13 PM EDT by Slacker]
Minus my G27. It was on my hip and I forgot it.
My retriever wasn't really happy about being in the picture...I'm currently making a tinfoil hat for her. She's worried the FBI might recognize her
The SKS is a Model D. The Garand is a CMP SA, The AR is a Bushy, The pistol grip shotty gun is a LAW12. The dog is a Labrador.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:36:10 PM EDT
Nice start!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:36:44 PM EDT
I tried to post this 3 times...something weird happened, so here I go again.

Did you paint the SKS-D stock black?
I traded my first rifle, a Paratrooper, and have thought about replacing it with the "D", if I can find one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:39:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BusMaster007:
I tried to post this 3 times...something weird happened, so here I go again.

Did you paint the SKS-D stock black?
I traded my first rifle, a Paratrooper, and have thought about replacing it with the "D", if I can find one.

Yup, sure did (paint it black). I've got a Choate folder for it but I'm too lazy to put it on. The Model D's (IMO) are an excellent choice for a SHTF rifle. SKS dependable, parts everywhere and ammo just about grows on trees.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:37:57 PM EDT
Nice collection. After seeing your SKS in your other thread Ive decided I must have a model D.

You like scopes a little bit dont you? ;)

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:41:17 PM EDT
That is a solid start. I like them all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:45:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Frito_Bandito:
You like scopes a little bit dont you? ;)

Yup, sure do. Especially expensive ones w/QD rings. Only problem is that scoped rifles take up major space in the safe.
You may be able to find a Model D on GB or AA.
They aren't as common as I wish they were. I'd like to get a spare trigger group for mine. The trigger group (specifcally the mag catch)is the only part that isn't interchangable with the plain jane SKS.
Top Top